Rangers 4 Dundee 0 (Miller, Morelos, Murphy, Candeias)

My God, Eysenck mentioned in a match preview!

Seriously, only on Gersnet.

I have not heard of Eysenck for forty odd years, it was at University where young thrusting Lecturers were fond of referencing his personality tests. I seem to remember each of his personality tests had a couple of 'control questions'? Anybody want to squeeze in Tanenbaum and Hoxie?

Great read Coop you have come on a million miles since your first preview as everyone does who takes the first step and does one. I wish more would take the step instead of saying I can't do that. 

Anyway i would go for a 3-5-2

Foderingham

Martin McCrorie Alves

Tavernier Docherty Goss\Holt  Dorrans John

Morelos Murphy

It's as if both directly and indirectly, our club has been used over the past decade or so by all and sundry as a testing ground for all kinds of social, financial, fiscal, questionable business practises, mediatic, spinning (etc.) 'experiments' wrt how far you can actually go and very few have anything to do with football. With some I'd say how far beyond the line you can sail without getting 'caught', rather than how close to it.

Dundee have just started to get their act together and they'll come to Ibrox surprisingly confident of picking up a point or three. We'll just have to see how we react after three games without a win. Do we turn yet another corner and provide some hope that we can finish the season strongly or do we continue the way of recent performances, possibly fall further down the table and have everyone dreading the remaining games ?

In someways going to a 'bad place' prior to the semi-final MIGHT actually work in our favour given I think we struggle with expectation but I'd much rather have the three points given the league table.

Let's hope that Dorrans and McCrorie can show themselves to be ready for 'battle' but I'd be careful with the latter as we've already pushed his young body further than we should have at the end of last year. 

The very least we need to see is effort, workrate and trying to play the game at a high tempo.

Edited by buster.

9 hours ago, ian1964 said:

I see Dundee drew 0-0 with the scum at the piggery tonight.

Will probably go unnoticed, as did the 0-0 draw by the Yahoos at Fir Park just before we played there.

These teams know exactly how to play the big ones and now, with 3/4s of the season done, are well drilled and oiled in that. We need some spark to beat this kind of football and of late, it simple didn't materialize. Likewise, against those sides, too much emphasis has been laid upon defence, with usually two DMs covering a 4-man defence. Granted, Tav and John are more often than not up the park, but do we e.g. need Docherty and Dorrans that deep? Not least with Dorrans being just back from injury? Usually, players are being brought back by introducing them for the last 30odd mins (if Murty would know the word "substitution"). Not least when Dorrans ain't a deep player. That, plus the lack of creativity and spark provided by Windass cries for a change. Likewise, Murty should show Tav and Candeias a picture of one another, as their partnership has virtually evaporated in recent weeks. That, and Tav seemingly playing in his pre-December comfort zone again, being far to slow, long-thinking and hardly showing the spark required by someone wearing the armband. A world apart from the constant tenacity shown by e.g. Holt, who wore it before.

There are some murmurs that we'll go 4-4-2 on Saturday, The team probably picks itself, the only question mark would be whether Dorrans keeps Windass out of the starting XI. As for a 3-5-2, my favourite at home, Martin (who won't be dropped for whatever reason) can play right-back. Tav is off the boil and Candeias is great at tracking back, so that side is settled. I'd play John as left wingback, Murphy left inside, with Cummings and Morelos up front. Docherty will be the central MF who looks for the scraps, while McCrorie may step out of the defensive three and play sweeper ahead of them. He likes to go forward too, which is when Docherty drops back a little. Goss may start because of his creativity, Dorrans for later.

Foderingham

Martin - McCrorie - Alves

Candeias - Docherty - Goss/Dorrans - Murphy - John

Morelos - Cummings

I'm not really looking forward to Saturday, sadly.  Dundee proved last night they're no pushovers and we have lacked any confidence in over 200 minutes of football.  

Pull your socks up Rangers - still a lot of work to do this season and if the desired effort is forthcoming, we can win the Cup and finish 2nd.