New manager rumours

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Was Dorrans not pre-DoF?

And Martin, I think, was more Murty; working with him before. 

They both fit the bill, though: Top professionals that have played at a good level. 

Martin has been piss-poor, as has Dorrans -- although not to the same degree, IMO -- but I still think they can be used better. 

Oh I believe they can but hopefully not at Ibrox.

Just now, pete said:

Oh I believe they can but hopefully not at Ibrox.

Fair enough.

I think Dorrans is a decent player, who will hopefully see some good days at Ibrox.

I never rated Martin too highly; he can go.

Would anyone be against us making an appointment like Jack Ross? I would say he is the brighest young manager in the country, was approached by Barnsley earlier this season in the English Championship so eyes down south are noting what he is doing with St Mirren. 

I understand it is a gamble but is he anymore of a gamble than a Frank de Boer?

Before I am shot down in flames just remember Norwich took Alex Neil from Hamilton and a year later he took them to the EPL.

Edited by MrGaryValentine

Murmurs on FF go that it will be a chap "from England". Whether that means that he currently is there or that he is English was not specified.

I for one wouldn't mind someone like Graham Potter, with some decent back-up chap who knows the inside outs of the Scottish game. And while they might not be the real deal yet, Kevin Thomson and Neil McCann seem to be clever chaps too.

Talking about St.Mirren and managers.

You'd need a young strong willed Alex Ferguson rather than Ross.

IMO Jack Ross would crash and burn under the intense pressure and immediate expectation.

If we want someone who'll turn this around immediately with limited finance, perhaps we aren't being realistic.

A young untested rookie from the Scottish lower leagues is the complete opposite of what we should be looking for. If we were a club with a proper infrastructure in place with its own specific brand of football, then we could afford to take risks as the head coach role takes on much less significance. But we are the boom and bust club constantly completely changing their squad and style of play depending on who the manager is, and so we need to get the next one right. We need someone with experience coaching at a high level. 

41 minutes ago, Dragosani said:

Whats Jack Ross's style of play?

As far as I have made out he plays quite an attacking style which has been successful in the Championship. 

Watched an interview with him where he kept his attacking style against Aberdeen in the cup and says his players deserved the right to have a go. 

In the same interview he admits he may have to change that going into the Premiership next season. 

BTW I accept all the comments saying why he shouldn’t be considered. 

Just putting his name out there for debate. 

I don’t think he will be considered by the board but I would much rather him than some of the names being thrown around like Alex Neil, Alan Pardew or even Glenn Hoddle who is being mentioned by the bookies.