New manager rumours

32 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

FS. It was just a quick way of saying what you said.

Its not really mate and I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing it written and spoken about across multiple forums and Rangers supporters conversations as if its a thing. It's not!

Here's one example.

I don't think the current Everton manager is a particularly great manager but he has a track record of stabilising clubs he's been in charge of and making them very difficult to beat... up to a point. Couple that to the fact, regardless of how short it was, that he has been the England national team coach. His record and history has been written in countless blogs, forums and wiki's across the stat gathering world. Any board room thinking of employing the chap does not need to ask him to submit an application/CV. They already know what he brings if they chose to appoint him.

This is the entertainments business, its sport related, but its entertainment none the less and this is the issue I have with this job application talk nonsense. You don't ask an Elvis, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond, Diana Ross, Elton John, Barry Manilow etc etc etc to submit an application and CV to play in residence in a Vegas venue. You already know what they bring so you approach them/their people and work out the details of a contract and hey presto as if by David Copperfield magic there they are in residence in a Vegas venue!

Murray was an arsehole and a rip off merchant but everyone can see he had an understanding of the entertainment industry he was operating in. The current board and the chairman have not got the slightest clue about the industry or how to deal with it because they for the most part are dressed up accountants!  

Edited by Big Jaws

17 minutes ago, Big Jaws said:

Its not really mate and I'm sick to the back teeth of seeing it written and spoken about across multiple forums and Rangers supporters conversations as if its a thing. It's not!

Here's one example.

I don't think the current Everton manager is a particularly great manager but he has a track record of stabilising clubs he's been in charge of and making them very difficult to beat... up to a point. Couple that to the fact, regardless of how short it was, that he has been the England national team coach. His record and history has been written in countless blogs, forums and wiki's across the stat gathering world. Any board room thinking of employing the chap does not need to ask him to submit an application/CV. They already know what he brings if they chose to appoint him.

This is the entertainments business, its sport related, but its entertainment none the less and this is the issue I have with this job application talk nonsense. You don't ask an Elvis, Tom Jones, Neil Diamond, Diana Ross, Elton John, Barry Manilow etc etc etc to submit an application and CV to play in residence in a Vegas venue. You already know what they bring so you approach them/their people and work out the details of a contract and hey presto as if by David Copperfield magic there they are in residence in a Vegas venue!

Murray was an arsehole and a rip off merchant but everyone can see he had an understanding of the entertainment industry he was operating in. The current board and the chairman have not got the slightest clue about the industry or how to deal with it because they for the most part are dressed up accountants!  

I was with you up to Barry Manilow, wtf lol

There were suggestions that Allen was keen and on Steve McLaren previously? I would hope he is up there with a few others to be approached? He is one of the names that leave me optimistic going forward. FDB would be a real coup if we could get him also?

Edited by cooponthewing

10 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I was with you up to Barry Manilow, wtf lol

He's not my cuppa tea but he is a huge draw in Vegas and had to be included in the analogy. Folk who've worked in the game know he's been away from Vegas for a few years but is set to return to residence some time in 2018. To add a little more flesh to the bones in his case its slightly different as he's been there and done it already and is very well regarded. He and his people are the ones conducting the operation, deciding on suitable venues, show type 4-5 shows per week etc rather than being approached.