New manager rumours

4 minutes ago, 917 said:

No coaching academy in Scotland? Have you never heard of Largs, where Mourinho learned his trade & first met Steve Clarke?

We need to be realistic here. Mark Allen is the main man, & seems to be slowly building a good squad, but only a low profile coach would work under him. We are not going to appoint a big name, even if we could afford to, the only realistic option I’ve seen on this thread is Clarke & even he might knock us back.

i suspect it will be Murty who guides us into Europa League qualifiers (if we finish 2/3rd) as the statement from Dave King was deliberately vague. We won’t win the league until either Rodgers leaves (to Chelsea this summer?) or some billionaire sheik comes in like at Man City, so we just have to be content with gradual progress. We are a better team than last season, so add half a dozen first team players & we should be well clear of Aberdeen & Hibs next season. Unless we gamble & bring in a new manager who is probably going to be worse than Murty!

Even 4th will be in Europe unless Hotherwell win the cup.

32 minutes ago, 917 said:

No coaching academy in Scotland? Have you never heard of Largs, where Mourinho learned his trade & first met Steve Clarke?

We need to be realistic here. Mark Allen is the main man, & seems to be slowly building a good squad, but only a low profile coach would work under him. We are not going to appoint a big name, even if we could afford to, the only realistic option I’ve seen on this thread is Clarke & even he might knock us back.

i suspect it will be Murty who guides us into Europa League qualifiers (if we finish 2/3rd) as the statement from Dave King was deliberately vague. We won’t win the league until either Rodgers leaves (to Chelsea this summer?) or some billionaire sheik comes in like at Man City, so we just have to be content with gradual progress. We are a better team than last season, so add half a dozen first team players & we should be well clear of Aberdeen & Hibs next season. Unless we gamble & bring in a new manager who is probably going to be worse than Murty!

Yes, I know of Largs. It's different, though. I'd need to do more research, but it's not just about getting your badges, but about developing methodologies, tactics, training methods etc., and I think it's linked to clubs as well. 

No, I think most managers will work under a DoF nowadays -- unless it's an old-fashioned British type that wants absolute control; but we don't want -- or should not -- want to go down that route. 

I don't think Murty was ever going to get the job. I believe -- or perhaps it's hope -- that a new man will be appointed at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, pete said:

I take it that is tongue in cheek but all Marcel Keizer has ever done is a youth coach and a hellish job at Ajaxfor a number of months. He also got Dennis Bergkamp the sack as it was him that backed him in getting the job. There is totally no difference between Murty and Keizer in experience.

If it is Lambert, well.............

Of course I jest but you never know I would give Murty a budget and another season to see if we can get it right .

I agree that is the way forward and while they are putting up a complex for that they should add a wing to start up an academy for referees at the same time. I am being serious and not being sarcastic.

On 14 April 2018 at 09:14, 917 said:

Rodgers to Chelsea ??? ???

I would hope that Mark Allen is already working on this 24/5 ... not least since we would sure have an answer by  the time of the share issue / AGM and before the season is over. After all, the break before any potential European qualifiers is short and any recruitment of players (to be selected by the new manager) needs to be done too. Unless we snatch players from a team competing in the World Cup.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the guys mentioned is actually on the list of names on Allen's desk either.

On 14/04/2018 at 10:20, RANGERRAB said:

Rodgers to Chelsea ??? ???

How is that hard to believe? Rodgers has unfinished business down there & his massive ego would mean he’d take the job in an instant. He has worked at Chelsea before & Conte will surely be our the door this summer. I guess you’re saying Chelsea wouldn’t want Rodgers, but he is a world class manager in my opinion. They could do a lot worse, but sadly I think that is Rangers best hope at the minute. Things can change quickly in football..

On 16 April 2018 at 02:06, 917 said:

How is that hard to believe? Rodgers has unfinished business down there & his massive ego would mean he’d take the job in an instant. He has worked at Chelsea before & Conte will surely be our the door this summer. I guess you’re saying Chelsea wouldn’t want Rodgers, but he is a world class manager in my opinion. They could do a lot worse, but sadly I think that is Rangers best hope at the minute. Things can change quickly in football..

World class ?? Tell Liverpool that