[FT] Celtic 4 - 0 Rangers (McCrorie Sent Off)

Re the board doing something  = It's surely just business common-sense.  I'd like to think it was because they had something planned all along but even if, as is more probable, that is not the case, then they still have to do something to stop renewals not being taken up.  Not that it is easy to see what they can do.

Edited by SteveC

1 minute ago, SteveC said:

It's surely just business common-sense.  I'd like to think it was because they had something planned all along but even if, as is more probable, that is not the case they have to do something to stop renewals not being taken up.  Not that it is easy to see what they can do.

It's one thing if the board already more or less have something in place but what you don't want is a rushed appointment.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

It's one thing if the board already more or less have something in place but what you don't want is a rushed appointment.

Rush an appointment? :D This board runs Rangers like a corporate office, which is fine as far as accounts go, but it'll take them at least six weeks to do anything. They'll have an application process and then pick a guy. I'll say that again a fuckin application process to be Rangers manager... Naw you pick the new Rangers manager and then you go and get them. Thats how its done at Rangers!

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

I agree, I was saying the same in what I would want but just making the point that hey'll have to do something rushed or not, now.  They've backed themselves into that corner and cannot afford not to.

12 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

No shape, no fight, no hope.  Worst of all, it’s not even surprising.

That's the hardest thing to take - knowing we just aren't up to and we have little or no chance of victory.  I don't think our players or manager believe we an beat them.

How on earth are we going to pick ourselves up for the remaining league games? A deep pessimism is setting in with me, I really can't see us making second any more. We are just too fragile.

15 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I never even watched after McCrorie got sent off, never seen the incident again but I actually though Dembele was fouled outside the box?

It continued into the box and the current rules (silly, imo, but " them's the rules" ) are that if it does so, a penalty should be awarded. I'm afraid the ref was correct.

Edited by SteveC