Steve Clarke record

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

It sure has to do with the players you have available and I reckon PC's season might have been different, had Jack and McCrorie stayed fit.

Jack and McCrorie went out injured after Caixinha left.

There might even be months between these events, no?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Murty is a celtc fan. Clark claims aymt very least to be a killie fan.

That's a  new one to me.

BTW, no matter who is in charge, if the players on the pitch don't reach their standard, especially in a game against the Scum, it simply doesn't matter who stands on the sidelines. I would assume they were up for it in the tunnel, but on the pitch they were chasing shadows, as the Yahoos drew on every pound of quality and effeort they had. One may come on and say: well, the "tactics were off" and "the manager chooses the players" ... so what? Who on here (me aside) would have had Alves in central defence? Who on here would have had Cummings in attack next to Morelos? Or Holt in midfield? Look on that bench and ask yourself, what you would have done differently?

At the end of the day, we were not ready for them today like we were earlier, we were chasing shadows and hardly had any grip on the game before they were 3-0 up. And when you flap at your chances, you can just as well pack in.

BTW, while it is always lovely to see those predictions about the next 5 titles and seasons, people should set their footballing senses going. Football never works in such spells, not even in Scotland. Today we saw the Yahoos like they were throughout last season. How often have they been like that this season? Who can predict that they will be next season? When we have no clue who will leave them and what sot of people they ... and we  will sign?

Murty's old man supports them so his boy will have been tainted growing up. Stevie Clarke definitely has affections for them rather than us regardless of whether he says he supports Kilmarnock with his big brother having played for them etc., etc.

Surely, we can source someone who has no affiliations to that mob.

Steve Clarke is the best realistic option, though after this weekend I wouldn’t be shocked if McInnes or even Walter Smith came back into contention. Apart from those 2 there are no Rangers minded candidates. Yet I couldn’t help but think today that no Presbyterian manager would have sent a Rangers team out with so little fight in them for a game against Celtic..

13 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

Clarke is a flash in the pan. He is also a celtic fan. I do not want a celtic fan in charge as we try to stop ten in a row.

His track record suggests he makes very good starts, then fades away; he did the same at West Brom and Reading, I think?

12 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Murty is a celtc fan. Clark claims aymt very least to be a killie fan.

Murty may have got the tactics wrong yesterday but it is implausible to think that this had anything  to do with him being a celtic fan.