Union Bears statement

Just now, buster. said:

Be prepared to be a little more patient for a new manager.

The scale of the job to get back to where we want to be allied to available finance levels demands it.

For me, personally, I have plenty of patience - I certainly understand that we are hamstring financially to progress to the point of getting back to the top.  What I WOULD expect to see is progress, on AND off the pitch.  We have seen progress off the pitch, but we need to see even more.  For me, just the signs of a medium to long term vision would be a good start.  Ive never been a short term looking person - I would prefer finances be spent on the infrastructure and revenue generating projects rather than "we just got x million from y sponsorship, so spend it all on z number of players".

A long term vision, with long term funding to generate profitable projects,  which creates long term stability is what I would like.

To be honest, at this point, and this is "tin foil hat territory", I don't really care if that lot get 10 in a row.  We get far too fixated on these things.  I just want us to get back on top before my mortal coil is done.... but preferably before I take my son to Vegas for his 18th (he's 13 now.....)

Just now, craig said:

For me, personally, I have plenty of patience - I certainly understand that we are hamstring financially to progress to the point of getting back to the top.  What I WOULD expect to see is progress, on AND off the pitch.  We have seen progress off the pitch, but we need to see even more.  For me, just the signs of a medium to long term vision would be a good start.  Ive never been a short term looking person - I would prefer finances be spent on the infrastructure and revenue generating projects rather than "we just got x million from y sponsorship, so spend it all on z number of players".

A long term vision, with long term funding to generate profitable projects,  which creates long term stability is what I would like.

To be honest, at this point, and this is "tin foil hat territory", I don't really care if that lot get 10 in a row.  We get far too fixated on these things.  I just want us to get back on top before my mortal coil is done.... but preferably before I take my son to Vegas for his 18th (he's 13 now.....)

Agree with most of that although reality is that the immediate product/results on the pitch have to be given priority.

Leadership, good pragmatic choices, realistic timescales/honesty, communication, steady progress.

5 minutes ago, buster. said:

Agree with most of that although reality is that the immediate product/results on the pitch have to be given priority.

Leadership, good pragmatic choices, realistic timescales/honesty, communication, steady progress.

Indeed. 

Without results ON the pitch, fans will eventually turn away from the product, which hurts the revenue streams.  Even OUR Board know that.  For us, we need to somehow do both, otherwise we will forever be cast in Celtic's shadow.

There is no silver bullet, but our Board seem to keep looking for one, with managerial appointments anyway.  I don't even think this is a stretch... but how different would things look right now had Celtic retained Deila and we got Rodgers ???  I am pretty sure that we would be looking down on them in the league table.  The point being, playing Russian roulette with the appointment of the most significant position at the club is a very dangerous game to play.  We have now played it three times in recent past.  Not a good sign.

Whilst someone like Steve Clarke may not be exciting, he is pragmatic and will almost certainly have the sum of the parts achieving greater than the individual components, and that is what I think we need in the short to medium term.  Unpalatable though it may be.

Questioning the board is fine but I don't see what declining to buy or threatening not to buy season tickets would accomplish aside from making the next step all the harder and more extended. Alongside that we all appear to agree the next managerial appointment is of paramount importance but we're seeing impatience around the time it's taking.

In an ideal world I would like to see a new man in place today but we don't have an ideal world here. We have a short list of suitable candidates out there while hobbled by financial limitations. We just have to be patient on this one since we all know that getting the right man is crucial.

The ideal candidate would have proven Euro experience but that's probably a relatively limited pool to draw from given our current financial circumstances. We have to accept the board are every bit as keen to get the right man in place as we are but we also have to accept there are indeed limitations and this may take time.

I don't want a hasty appointment then another letdown because some people are getting antsy and putting pressure on the board to rush this.

5 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Questioning the board is fine but I don't see what declining to buy or threatening not to buy season tickets would accomplish aside from making the next step all the harder and more extended. Alongside that we all appear to agree the next managerial appointment is of paramount importance but we're seeing impatience around the time it's taking.

In an ideal world I would like to see a new man in place today but we don't have an ideal world here. We have a short list of suitable candidates out there while hobbled by financial limitations. We just have to be patient on this one since we all know that getting the right man is crucial.

The ideal candidate would have proven Euro experience but that's probably a relatively limited pool to draw from given our current financial circumstances. We have to accept the board are every bit as keen to get the right man in place as we are but we also have to accept there are indeed limitations and this may take time.

I don't want a hasty appointment then another letdown because some people are getting antsy and putting pressure on the board to rush this.

Who is suggesting not buying ST's ?

You do also realise that patience could very well see the nucleus of our squad decimated ?  Some may say that is no bad thing, but there are some decent players there who should be retained - and uncertainty over who next season's manager will be wont help those matters.

Hasty appointment ?  Pedro was sacked in October, a week away from being 6 MONTHS.  Are you seriously suggesting it would be a "hasty" appointment ?  No disrespect to Murty, and I was all for giving him a chance... but his 1st tenure as caretaker boss wasn't exactly glorious, though sprinkled with a couple of very decent results.

25 minutes ago, craig said:

Indeed. 

Without results ON the pitch, fans will eventually turn away from the product, which hurts the revenue streams.  Even OUR Board know that.  For us, we need to somehow do both, otherwise we will forever be cast in Celtic's shadow.

There is no silver bullet, but our Board seem to keep looking for one, with managerial appointments anyway.  I don't even think this is a stretch... but how different would things look right now had Celtic retained Deila and we got Rodgers ???  I am pretty sure that we would be looking down on them in the league table.  The point being, playing Russian roulette with the appointment of the most significant position at the club is a very dangerous game to play.  We have now played it three times in recent past.  Not a good sign.

Whilst someone like Steve Clarke may not be exciting, he is pragmatic and will almost certainly have the sum of the parts achieving greater than the individual components, and that is what I think we need in the short to medium term.  Unpalatable though it may be.

Given circumstances, Clarke is a no-brainer (if he would take the job/significant doubt that he would).

Edited by buster.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

RangersMedia posters are suggesting boycotting STs.

I'm happy to wait until the season ends before we bring in a new manager but I want Murty gone yesterday.

Not sure I agree with boycotting ST's in all honesty.  But if it forces the Board to actually take action then its a means to an end I guess.

1 minute ago, craig said:

Who is suggesting not buying ST's ?

You do also realise that patience could very well see the nucleus of our squad decimated ?  Some may say that is no bad thing, but there are some decent players there who should be retained - and uncertainty over who next season's manager will be wont help those matters.

Hasty appointment ?  Pedro was sacked in October, a week away from being 6 MONTHS.  Are you seriously suggesting it would be a "hasty" appointment ?  No disrespect to Murty, and I was all for giving him a chance... but his 1st tenure as caretaker boss wasn't exactly glorious, though sprinkled with a couple of very decent results.

I have seen more than one on this forum alone suggest they may not which if you view that as a wider movement may indeed result in fewer season tickets being sold. That helps absolutely nothing but the opposition.

And yes hasty appointment is a valid concern.  You really want them to rush out and appoint a new manager by Sunday as has been suggested? Who should they put in place given that our choices are so limited especially at this time of the year?

Just weeks or so ago it was being widely suggested that Murty should get the job now that's been turned around.  Everyone wants the "right man" but are insisting it be done in days or  a couple of weeks at most? The board has access to far wiser football heads than the heads of fans who think one man is the right one before executing an about turn just weeks later.

This isn't about what happened when the McInnes move fell through and Murty was given the hot seat again.  It's about what's happening right now. The next step and that can't be rushed nor be dictated by such a fickle thing as fan opinions.  

10 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure I agree with boycotting ST's in all honesty.  But if it forces the Board to actually take action then its a means to an end I guess.

Having never had a ST, I have no authority.  A threat is very different to an action though, so we'll see.