Union Bears statement

3 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

There’s absolutely no way Murty will be in charge next season. 

I hope you are right mate. The suspense is starting to get to me as I fully expected, with some justification, that some good news would have been communicated to the support by now.

3 hours ago, craig said:

OK.  So instead we should just take our seats, sit down, shut up, and accept the unacceptable ?

No. But much that of what can be read is just pointless FLAK and finger-pointing. The blame-game with hardly any viable solution or advise to be had.

As I said, what do you expect from the board or the DoF? Wearing penitental garb for the rest of the season? Having undignified statements on our homepage for the entertainment of the Scum and their media cohorts? Just asking.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

The assumption there is that the board has the means to a solution but is deliberately dragging its heels. What if they simply don’t know what to do or can’t agree?

Then they should move aside from the footballing operation decision-making.

Just now, craig said:

Then they should move aside from the footballing operation decision-making.

They should ... but of course we all know they won't. People in that position seldom do, they nearly always have to be persuaded. Even if they don't have convertible loans hanging round their necks.

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It is about what's happening right now.  Right now we're seemingly looking for a new manager while just a matter of weeks ago Murty was being touted as the obvious candidate and should be given the position permanently and be done with.

The board didn't take that path and took flak for that while now we see dissent because they're not rushing down another unknown path. They were wrong when they didn't give him the job after the January window when we hit a purple patch and now they're wrong for not putting a new man in place yesterday.

I want this resolved as much as anybody else but given it's so important if it takes time to get this right at last then we simply have to wait. Fans are not the best people to decide which way to go next.

It really isn't about what is happening right now, not unless  you are willing to forget that the Board have had 6 months to make decisions on a permanent manager.  Maybe they have, maybe Murty IS the permanent manager - but his performances since taking over on an interim basis would suggest that would be foolish too.

Just like your "people were being asked to boycott" line which really was the result of a few individuals on forums saying they were contemplating renewing, I suspect that it was the minority, not the majority, that wanted Murty permanently.  On here, only really compo (that I have noticed) has consistently wanted Murty permanently.

You and I are both smart enough to know that you are really just playing semantics.  The board have dithered for 6 months to find a suitable permanent candidate - you are choosing to ignore the last 6 months and say that the clock starts ticking now.  That clock, I contend, started ticking the moment that Pedro was removed from position.  The youth team coach, with no previous experience of handling men as a manager was always probably, though not guaranteed obviously, to end in tears.  And it has proven to be the case.  Indeed, if we are to ignore the last 6 months and just look at the "here and now" then the Board have been even more derelict in their duties because they would then have clearly been giving it to Murty, hoping he was successful (because there is no history of success for him) and not having, again, a back-up plan. 

You keep saying it is so important to get it right, and it is.  Why is it more important to get it right now than it was 6 months ago when Pedro was sacked ?  It was surely just as important then as it is now.... but they have dithered.  And failed. I am not sure how it can be seen any other way.

36 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Addendum.

My dismay turned anger turned back to dismay from the previous few days has subsided a little. That said, I'm still seriously considering my position with regard to cancelling my auto-renew if Graeme is given the job permanently.

I'm holding out all hope that the board deliver and don't give me a difficult choice to make.

Anyone else feeling the same dilemma? 

I would have considered it but my auto-renew has already gone through.... a grand for two tickets plus parking :shock:

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

No. But much that of what can be read is just pointless FLAK and finger-pointing. The blame-game with hardly any viable solution or advise to be had.

As I said, what do you expect from the board or the DoF? Wearing penitental garb for the rest of the season? Having undignified statements on our homepage for the entertainment of the Scum and their media cohorts? Just asking.

I couldn't give two hoots what entertainment the "Scum and their media cohorts" have with our statements.  Indeed, they SHOULD be laughing at us.  And do you know why that is ?  Because of our Board.  They have floundered, dithered and made a complete hash of the footballing operation over the last 12 months.  But if you wish to bury your head in the sand about how amateurish some of our official statements have been, or how we have handled managerial appointments, rejections, terminations (we seem to have had them all, from Warburton being removed or resigning depending on who you believe, to being rejected by McInnes, and the statement that followed that was not only amateurish but childish) - then Celtic and their friends SHOULD be laughing at us.  I say again, because of our Board.

But you would much rather bury our collective heads in the sand, or put our fingers in our ears and scream "la la la" so nobody can hear.  That is folly to do that.  Our fans support the club in tremendous numbers which also means that our fans are one of, indeed THE, biggest financial crutch the club has.  They should be heard.  And they SHOULD be telling the Board that the constant lurch from crisis to cris is unacceptable.  And whilst, rightly, you may say that the Board and friendly investors can ignore it as they have the majority of the shareholding.... they know as well as we do that if the support withdraw that financial crutch then their investment would be pretty much gone.

We cant simply sit back and ignore what is going on.  Now, does that mean I think they are trying to screw things up ?  No, of course not.  And, indeed, they have, IMHO, done an excellent job off the pitch in times of adversity - but that doesn't mean that the footballing operation is close to getting an "F" - and they should be held accountable for it.

27 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

PS - as for what I expect from the Board or DoF - it is asking for very little to ask them to come out and say that they fully understand the position of the support and that they agree wholeheartedly that Sunday was completely unacceptable, but that they are already looking to right the ship.  After all, they had no issue using those buzz words when sending out the renewal letters for ST's.

Indeed, they would only be words and many would say talk is cheap (which is fair enough) but the only thing we have been treated to by the Board since Sunday is that two senior players have been suspended...  even they seem to have buried their heads in the sand.  The same people who were happy to make many statements when looking to wrest power from their predecessors - and did so on a wave of "transparency" now seem to be less than transparent.  Who woulda thunk it ?

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

They should ... but of course we all know they won't. People in that position seldom do, they nearly always have to be persuaded. Even if they don't have convertible loans hanging round their necks.

Given how their collective handling of Warburton leaving, the hiring of Pedro, the removal of Pedro, the attempt to bring McInnes in, their re-appointment of the caretaker Murty has gone.... you would think that, not just for the good if the club but also their "investment" that they would say "you know what.... we aren't really very good at this whole football operation thing, lets leave it to someone who knows what they are doing".

To balance that, I DO happen to think they have done an admirable (or should that be Admiral - as an alternative to Hummel :roflmao: )job off the pitch