Union Bears statement

Drama Queens always come out when we’re in difficulties, always been that way. Wonder how a half full Ibrox will encourage the players or convince the money men to put in more?

Edited by BEARGER

28 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I have seen more than one on this forum alone suggest they may not which if you view that as a wider movement may indeed result in fewer season tickets being sold. That helps absolutely nothing but the opposition.

And yes hasty appointment is a valid concern.  You really want them to rush out and appoint a new manager by Sunday as has been suggested? Who should they put in place given that our choices are so limited especially at this time of the year?

Just weeks or so ago it was being widely suggested that Murty should get the job now that's been turned around.  Everyone wants the "right man" but are insisting it be done in days or  a couple of weeks at most? The board has access to far wiser football heads than the heads of fans who think one man is the right one before executing an about turn just weeks later.

This isn't about what happened when the McInnes move fell through and Murty was given the hot seat again.  It's about what's happening right now. The next step and that can't be rushed nor be dictated by such a fickle thing as fan opinions.  

Not sure you can use a handful of people on a forum as a "wider movement".  Plus, anyone saying that they may not renew is not a call to arms to boycott.  It is a personal choice and I haven't personally seen anyone saying "I am not renewing my ST and would encourage all other Bears to do likewise".  A boycott by definition surely needs a rallying call, not just some individuals saying they are contemplating not renewing.

No, I don't want them to rush out and appoint a new manager by Sunday.  However, you know as well as I do that what you say is clearly a play on the actual situation.  The last full time manager was removed from office just short of 6 MONTHS  ago - ergo, the Board have had 6 MONTHS to find a replacement.  Murty was never a serious contender for permanent job was he ????  You seem to think that this need for a new manager is a phenomenon which occurred just this week - it has been 6 months in the making.  Suggesting it is happening just this week is a weak argument.

If the Board have access to far wiser football heads than us then they aren't using them very well, given they are 6 months and counting on a new manager - unless of course they already have one and there is a NDA with the encumbent and their club... but even if that were the case, well sourced leaks would be very likely, especially this week after what has gone on.

It really ISNT about whats happening right now.  What an incredibly short-sighted perspective.  We have been limping along for 6 months with the youth team coach in charge.  That isn't "what's happening right now".

59 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure I agree with boycotting ST's in all honesty.  But if it forces the Board to actually take action then its a means to an end I guess.

The assumption there is that the board has the means to a solution but is deliberately dragging its heels. What if they simply don’t know what to do or can’t agree?

20 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure you can use a handful of people on a forum as a "wider movement".  Plus, anyone saying that they may not renew is not a call to arms to boycott.  It is a personal choice and I haven't personally seen anyone saying "I am not renewing my ST and would encourage all other Bears to do likewise".  A boycott by definition surely needs a rallying call, not just some individuals saying they are contemplating not renewing.

No, I don't want them to rush out and appoint a new manager by Sunday.  However, you know as well as I do that what you say is clearly a play on the actual situation.  The last full time manager was removed from office just short of 6 MONTHS  ago - ergo, the Board have had 6 MONTHS to find a replacement.  Murty was never a serious contender for permanent job was he ????  You seem to think that this need for a new manager is a phenomenon which occurred just this week - it has been 6 months in the making.  Suggesting it is happening just this week is a weak argument.

If the Board have access to far wiser football heads than us then they aren't using them very well, given they are 6 months and counting on a new manager - unless of course they already have one and there is a NDA with the encumbent and their club... but even if that were the case, well sourced leaks would be very likely, especially this week after what has gone on.

It really ISNT about whats happening right now.  What an incredibly short-sighted perspective.  We have been limping along for 6 months with the youth team coach in charge.  That isn't "what's happening right now".

It is about what's happening right now.  Right now we're seemingly looking for a new manager while just a matter of weeks ago Murty was being touted as the obvious candidate and should be given the position permanently and be done with.

The board didn't take that path and took flak for that while now we see dissent because they're not rushing down another unknown path. They were wrong when they didn't give him the job after the January window when we hit a purple patch and now they're wrong for not putting a new man in place yesterday.

I want this resolved as much as anybody else but given it's so important if it takes time to get this right at last then we simply have to wait. Fans are not the best people to decide which way to go next.

7 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

just a matter of weeks ago Murty was being touted as the obvious candidate and should be given the position permanently and be done with.

Really?  By some anonymous internet posters?

I never spoke to one Bear who touted Murty as a permanent manager.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

RangersMedia posters are suggesting boycotting STs.

I'm happy to wait until the season ends before we bring in a new manager but I want Murty gone yesterday.

I don't advocate a boycott. Like Gonzo says, give the board their complimentary bourbon in the Last Chance Saloon.

But I concur wholeheartedly, I want Murty gone. If he remains in situ the mooted boycott, unfortunately, might just come about.

Addendum.

My dismay turned anger turned back to dismay from the previous few days has subsided a little. That said, I'm still seriously considering my position with regard to cancelling my auto-renew if Graeme is given the job permanently.

I'm holding out all hope that the board deliver and don't give me a difficult choice to make.

Anyone else feeling the same dilemma? 

5 minutes ago, Soulsonic5791 said:

Addendum.

My dismay turned anger turned back to dismay from the previous few days has subsided a little. That said, I'm still seriously considering my position with regard to cancelling my auto-renew if Graeme is given the job permanently.

I'm holding out all hope that the board deliver and don't give me a difficult choice to make.

Anyone else feeling the same dilemma? 

There’s absolutely no way Murty will be in charge next season. 

All this to-ing and fro-ing, making allowances, apportioning blame, realistic/unrealistic expectations, holding back because we are grateful to still have a club to follow and so on and so forth, the boys in the UB summed it up quite nicely and it should be adopted as a slogan as required depending on circumstances -

We Deserve Better.