Union Bears statement

11 hours ago, craig said:

Given how their collective handling of Warburton leaving, the hiring of Pedro, the removal of Pedro, the attempt to bring McInnes in, their re-appointment of the caretaker Murty has gone.... you would think that, not just for the good if the club but also their "investment" that they would say "you know what.... we aren't really very good at this whole football operation thing, lets leave it to someone who knows what they are doing".

That's never going to happen. Business leaders like King and Park have a high degree of arrogance and self-confidence and would never voluntarily accept that they aren't up to the job.

11 hours ago, craig said:

But you would much rather bury our collective heads in the sand, or put our fingers in our ears and scream "la la la" so nobody can hear. 

That's a bit childish a comment ... born out of frustration, I'd assume.

As for the rest, you essentially ask them to come out in penitential garb and have them admit openly that "they fucked it up". For what gain? Sate the mob mentality that needs someone to vent their anger at. As I said before, that won't help anyone right now ... and neither of them could have foreseen how any of the previous managerial appointments would have ended up. (Well, some will come out with the I/we told you so garbage nonetheless ... )

By that as it may, no matter the howls of anguish, they won't do it. And no matter whom they appoint next, no-one can tell whether that person will fuck it up next season or the season thereafter ... and you'll have the same scenarios that we see now again, with sure some "told you so" chaps about.

14 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

That's a bit childish a comment ... born out of frustration, I'd assume.

As for the rest, you essentially ask them to come out in penitential garb and have them admit openly that "they fucked it up". For what gain? Sate the mob mentality that needs someone to vent their anger at. As I said before, that won't help anyone right now ... and neither of them could have foreseen how any of the previous managerial appointments would have ended up. (Well, some will come out with the I/we told you so garbage nonetheless ... )

By that as it may, no matter the howls of anguish, they won't do it. And no matter whom they appoint next, no-one can tell whether that person will fuck it up next season or the season thereafter ... and you'll have the same scenarios that we see now again, with sure some "told you so" chaps about.

I'd agree that the directors coming out now and saying that they have made mistakes isn't going to help anyone.

However they should be coming out now and talking about the future, reassuring the fans and steadying the club to ensure that we get European football. 

Their silence this week has been deafening and that's not good enough. We have season tickets to sell and have points to win. If they want the position of director then they should start acting like them and stepping in when major issues arise. Perhaps they can't talk about the Wallace and Miller situation specifically  but they should be saying something. The nature of the defeat and the aftermath are major issues and need to be addressed.

The fans are obviously unhappy and have generally lost confidence in many things connected to the club. Sitting in the directors box or outside the country with their fingers in their ears isn't satisfactory.

I mentioned previously.....I think the banners saying "The fans deserve better" are right on the money.

I'm not one to should for heads to roll, or Board change etc but the club as a whole needs to be performing better:

- The Board have to be decisive

- We need a strong, reliable Manager in place

- We need commitment from the players

- We need to plug the leaks

- We need a higher degree of professionalism & consistency throughout

- We need better PR

At the moment we are probably not doing that much wrong (in a business sense), but the snippets of info that are being leaked etc are making us look like complete fools in the media.  Divisions are being created (or widened) with every published story.  Someone MUST get a handle on the media representation of the club.

Murty needs to show that he is learning/improving.  I also think he needs to shake off his "timid" persona slightly - he gets portrayed as being very weak, which IMHO encourages the likes of Miller & Wallace to push boundaries.

The players MUST step up their game.  I believe we actually have a good team, but they need to show consistency - Technically the Ceptic team ain't outstanding, but they maintain a high level of consistency in their play.

The Leaks & PR, probably go hand in hand.....we seem to have notably more information coming out of the club, than any other team.

3 hours ago, Bluedell said:

That's never going to happen. Business leaders like King and Park have a high degree of arrogance and self-confidence and would never voluntarily accept that they aren't up to the job.

I didn't say it was going to happen BD.  I was suggesting that it is what SHOULD happen.  The fact it won't has you questioning the decision-makers capabilities to accept they don't have the expertise for those roles.  In fact, if they don't see it, then they are verging on being negligent in their duty to the shareholders.

http://www.thenational.scot/sport/16178838.Rangers_fans_group__39_s_right_to_protest_at_running_of_the_Ibrox_club_against_Hearts_defended/?ref=eb

THE Rangers followers who protested during the Ladbrokes Premiership game against Hearts at Ibrox on Sunday were simply trying to ensure club directors continue to strive for success at Ibrox.

That was the assessment from Rangers Supporters Association general secretary Claire Wallace yesterday in the wake of controversial action by a number of fans at the weekend match.

The Union Bears group held up banners before kick-off which read: “No Fight. No Pride. Nowhere To Hide. Incompetent On And Off The Pitch. We Deserve Better.”

Then at the start of the second-half banners were unveiled in the BF1 section of the Broomloan Stand which read: “Mindless Behind The Scenes. Heartless On The Pitch. We Deserve Better.”

The supporters in the singing section also remained silent during a match which Graeme Murty’s side won 2-1 to move back above Aberdeen in second place in the Premiership table.

Their actions were a direct response to the dire performance by Murty’s team in the William Hill Scottish Cup semi-final seven days earlier.

The Glasgow club were thrashed 4-0 by Celtic in what was their heaviest defeat at Hampden by their city rivals since the final of the same competition back in 1969.

However, the protests have been criticised by many of their fellow fans on internet message boards and radio phone-ins as Rangers are currently attempting to finish runners-up in the top flight.

Many supporters feel they should unite behind the board who are trying to restore stability to the club following years of off-field upheaval and financial mismanagement.

Wallace believes the group are entitled to make their unhappiness at how the team has performed this season and is being run off the park known.

She expressed the view that their demonstration, which Murty stressed he had no problems with, would underline to the board the standards they must strive to attain.

“It has been a poor season, but I think supporters have a right to vent their frustration,” said Wallace.

“It is an improvement from five years ago. However, in a poor league, being second isn’t a success.

“If we as fans don’t show our frustration it may be seen that we accept the poor performances.

“Our memories are of good times as well as the not so good. I think the protest just shows we as fans want Rangers Football Club to once again be successful.”

Meanwhile, Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace, the Rangers vice-captain and captain who were suspended last Tuesday pending an investigation into an alleged dressing room bust-up after the semi-final defeat, are still waiting to find out the exact reasons they have been told to stay away from training. The pair are to be informed by letter by the club why the disciplinary action has been taken against them.

It has been suggested that Miller, whose contract expires next month, and Wallace, who has one year left on his deal, won’t play for Rangers again.