Scott Arfield pre-contract deal?

1 hour ago, MrGaryValentine said:

A midfield 3/5 next season of (L to R):

Murphy, Arfield, Dorrans, McArthur, Candieas

That is a very good middle for us. 

Two top centre backs and maybe another striker and we would be looking very good next season. 

Lol we are one million miles away from looking very good next season. We literally need an entire new squad.

2 hours ago, MrGaryValentine said:

A midfield 3/5 next season of (L to R):

Murphy, Arfield, Dorrans, McArthur, Candieas

That is a very good middle for us. 

Two top centre backs and maybe another striker and we would be looking very good next season. 

Not to mention Jack, Docherty, Windass, Pena, Rossiter.. plenty of numbers, but not enough quality in that position..

10 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Lol we are one million miles away from looking very good next season. We literally need an entire new squad.

I think you're being a bit harsh to be fair. A decent, commanding midfielder to run the centre of the park, two strong centre backs and - most importantly - a manager who knows what he's doing and I think we'll be miles better than we have been this season.

IMHO, Mark Allen or not, I doubt we'll sign players ahead of securing a manager and hear his views. It might mean that if we do, a manager might have been secured already but is still contracted elsewhere.

As for Kamara, Arfield, McArthur and Co. they'd sure enhance our current squad. Yet, I would like to see a manager who utilizes his whole squad.

Against Hearts, Murty played is  - ineffective - favourite Windass in place of a real striker or maybe Dorrans. Going by what we had seen of Docherty, and what we've seen of Holt, we simply should have bombed Windass onto the bench, played Holt and Docherty in a double-6 (not that this was needed against Hearts) and put Dorrans in the attacking midfield slot. Holt might not be everyone's favourite, but he chased every ball and moved into good positions with the ball too. The latter is what he is best at, something we only used in his first season. After that, since he's a tireless worker, we pushed him ever further back.

I agree compo. If we could defend without losing the attacking threat of John and Tav we have enough middle to front to cause a lot of problems for teams. Goalkeeper has gone way up my list of requirements and we have been missing a strong pacey CH for a long time. Also replacing Hill with Alves was bad business on reflection.