Allan McGregor to sign?

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

IF, and its a big if, McGregor is even 80% the player he was when he left us, then he is still head and shoulders above the two average keepers we have at the moment. Wes is bang average IMO. His shots to goals ratio must be the worst in the league by some distance. If there was any chance of a £3M bid I would bite the hand off the buyer.

I am not ever convinced about bringing players/managers back once they have left us as it very rarely works, but it will be up to the DoF and board to decide if this improves our first 11 or not. We do not need an expensive backup when we have a few first team places that need upgrading (including keeper).

Nail on head. You always speak sense.

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

He'd be a good signing. 

'Shagger' and Foderingham can fight it out for #1. 

When we need to sit in and produce a 'backs-against-the-wall' performance McGregor can come in, but when we need to distribution and a more offensive game Foderingham can come in. 

He's younger than Buffon who is still in demand; keepers mature much later.

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Seen a few players return over the decades, Colin Stein, Jim Baxter, Bud, DJ, ....... ETC. I don't think any of them really worked, Trevor Steven was maybe an exception.

Is Shagger still with the same bird, she into holistic medicine, crystal gazing, and pastel shaded tracksuits? She was entertaining.

Was that GIF that Rosseau posted in the manager thread,..... this "same bird" that you mention ?

It's just that it appeared if the "holistic medicine" was running down her chin.

Edited by buster.

3 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

Is Shagger still with the same bird, she into holistic medicine, crystal gazing, and pastel shaded tracksuits? She was entertaining.

She sat directly behind me in the main stand. A fecking nuisance who never shut up every match wittering on to her pal about dresses and shoes.

Never thought that McGregor was a great keeper, decent but no more. Poor with crosses and seemed at times to lose sight with long shots.  Just realised he’s 36 so it’s definite no from me, he’s no Gianluigi Buffon.