Allan McGregor to sign?

Many names seem to be on an imaginary shopping list.

I don't give a monkeys if we have a D.O.F. but nobody is on any list unless we have a manager.

And if Murty is in charge next season the directors will be paying for everything as season ticket sales will be halved.

We have no manager = there is no shopping list, no matter how "inside" those blogging think they are.

6 hours ago, boabie said:

Many names seem to be on an imaginary shopping list.

I don't give a monkeys if we have a D.O.F. but nobody is on any list unless we have a manager.

And if Murty is in charge next season the directors will be paying for everything as season ticket sales will be halved.

We have no manager = there is no shopping list, no matter how "inside" those blogging think they are.

Murty will not be in charge, you don't need to worry about that.

I've suspected for a while we might cash on Foderingham (who is a good 'keeper and worth a few million) so I'm not overly surprised by this news.

McGregor's career hasn't exactly been noteworthy in recent times but I was impressed with him for Scotland the other week and he's had a full season for Hull City ahead of David Marshall so he's obviously doing well.

He'd be a good signing. 

'Shagger' and Foderingham can fight it out for #1. 

When we need to sit in and produce a 'backs-against-the-wall' performance McGregor can come in, but when we need to distribution and a more offensive game Foderingham can come in. 

2 minutes ago, compo said:

Why the heck are we taking a goalkeeper who is past his sell by date this is not the way to build a team .

Too many of the players we are being linked with have the main part of their career behind them.

A goalkeeper is a little different and if we were to get some funds from moving Foderginham on then I could see the sense in it.

57 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I've suspected for a while we might cash on Foderingham (who is a good 'keeper and worth a few million) so I'm not overly surprised by this news.

McGregor's career hasn't exactly been noteworthy in recent times but I was impressed with him for Scotland the other week and he's had a full season for Hull City ahead of David Marshall so he's obviously doing well.

I don't think Foderingham is a good keeper and doubt there is any chance of getting a few mill for him. 

If McGregor is still half the keeper he was, I doubt we'll get anyone better than him this summer. At 36 he's not completely over the hill for a keeper. 

I'm not a fan of reliving "past glories", but McGregor was & I'd assume still is, a top notch keeper.  I'd have more confidence with him in goal than Fods.

I believe Shagger will also take command of the box better than Fods, so hopefully pull the defense together a bit better.