Allan McGregor to sign?

With our ineptitude at defending and McGregors poor handling of crosses and his weakness at long shots and I think he has conceded 60 plus goals this season ,hmmmm sell God and stick with Alnwick .

McGregor does like to just punt the ball up the pitch, so our starting play from the back maybe diminish slightly.

We have two good young keepers coming through, well two closer to first team action than the other youngsters!

I think the main benefit of having Shagger back, aside from his quality with the gloves, would be his winning mentality and his leadership.   Things we have sadly lacked at the back for some time.

Whether he's a good signing all depends on whether he'll join on modest wages.

If so then it's a no brainer to have him competiting with another keeper for a couple of years. Quality added to the squad for free.

1 hour ago, compo said:

With our ineptitude at defending and McGregors poor handling of crosses and his weakness at long shots and I think he has conceded 60 plus goals this season ,hmmmm sell God and stick with Alnwick .

When did He sign for us? He’s not enhanced His reputation, has He?

IF, and its a big if, McGregor is even 80% the player he was when he left us, then he is still head and shoulders above the two average keepers we have at the moment. Wes is bang average IMO. His shots to goals ratio must be the worst in the league by some distance. If there was any chance of a £3M bid I would bite the hand off the buyer.

I am not ever convinced about bringing players/managers back once they have left us as it very rarely works, but it will be up to the DoF and board to decide if this improves our first 11 or not. We do not need an expensive backup when we have a few first team places that need upgrading (including keeper).

Seen a few players return over the decades, Colin Stein, Jim Baxter, Bud, DJ, ....... ETC. I don't think any of them really worked, Trevor Steven was maybe an exception.

Is Shagger still with the same bird, she into holistic medicine, crystal gazing, and pastel shaded tracksuits? She was entertaining.