Aside from the seemingly rigged first two round of matches (sorted after the last league match day), we play both our most difficult ties last, away to Hibs and Aberdeen. Speaking of which, by having us play the Scum, Hibs and Aberdeen at home first in the season, they made sure that we'd play them away from home last after the split - which all four "top" teams were sure to reach. I would assume that this will be reversed next season ... of course :violin:

MOH is worse than Windass imo, Alves is out,AGAIN! so the team virtually picks itself, barring 1 or2 personel changes available, we can only hope the players selected give 100% and hope that is good enough!.

1 hour ago, buster. said:

don't think the game was deliberately lost.

No not that blatant but it didn’t need to be. The incentive to win was removed and it’s impossible for that not to affect performance and it was no shock that it did, it was the most predictable result of the season. 

Edited by DMAA

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

No not that blatant but it didn’t need to be. The incentive to win was removed and it’s impossible for that not to affect performance and it was no shock that it did, it was the most predictable result of the season. 

Prior to the game, the most predictable result of the season was apparently a draw.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

MOH is worse than Windass imo, Alves is out,AGAIN! so the team virtually picks itself, barring 1 or2 personel changes available, we can only hope the players selected give 100% and hope that is good enough!.

MOH, a man that has barely played 5 minutes in a year and a half, is worse than Windass, our joint-top scorer and one of our best performers? 

Yes, I think you're right. :D 

I think the only real question is if Morelos or Cummings starts.

A well atuned Morelos is the obvious choice but I'm not sure he's currently at the races, so to speak. 

Alnwick

Tavernier - Martin - McCrorie - John

Holt - Dorrans

Candeias - Windass - Murphy

Morelos/Cumming

29 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

MOH, a man that has barely played 5 minutes in a year and a half, is worse than Windass, our joint-top scorer and one of our best performers? 

Yes, I think you're right. :D 

Au contraire, he's played 18 games this season for St. Johnstone, and 24 last season.  I know you have a soft spot for Windass, but he sure owes us a solid No. 10 display and big time after these last couple of months.

Aberdeen win tonight means a draw will do us to prevent celtic winning the league on Sunday.

Equally, you could say it means that a win would keep us in second place.

Edited by buster.