Investment apparently being announced tomorrow

You're running away with entirely the wrong stick, again.

The fact we've wasted those seasons was evident today, regardless of our financial position with respect to Celtic, a gap everyone accepts and that has prompted many (myself included) to predict it was always going to take several seasons to catch up. However, over the last three seasons we've got through three managers, umpteen players, several £m's and still not achieved either stability or direction in football operations. Whether we could ever have won the league title during this period is doubtful in my opinion but the least we should have expected were clear targets and progress towards them. Frankly, the performances now are no better, and possibly worse, than under Warburton. I see no obvious plan going forward and I've currently no idea where we're going as a club. That's why I think we've wasted three seasons.

21 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

It's pretty simple, actually. We were and are no isolated case, no matter the investment. The Yahoos outdistanced us in squad quality and finances, hands down. Anyone else too. We had to get our house in order off the field, and big time ... and apparently have only now. It is anyone's guess whether another manager would have done more with the squad we have or the money that was available, so speaking of "wasted seasons" is leaving a few facts out of the equation when you have that 30odd million hooped stumbling block in the way. For no matter what and where we had finished, there is every chance that they still had run away with most if not all trophies.

You do realize that agree. And co had a share issue which generated enough funds to close that gap, but chose instead to, allegedly, line their own pockets ?

they ARE wasted seasons and not just because Celtic were financially superior but also because we had Chatlatans running us who, had they operated ethically, could have returned us to the top.

the current Board, whilst being Rangers men, need to be doing a whole lot more

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

You're running away with entirely the wrong stick, again.

The fact we've wasted those seasons was evident today, regardless of our financial position with respect to Celtic, a gap everyone accepts and that has prompted many (myself included) to predict it was always going to take several seasons to catch up. However, over the last three seasons we've got through three managers, umpteen players, several £m's and still not achieved either stability or direction in football operations. Whether we could ever have won the league title during this period is doubtful in my opinion but the least we should have expected were clear targets and progress towards them. Frankly, the performances now are no better, and possibly worse, than under Warburton. I see no obvious plan going forward and I've currently no idea where we're going as a club. That's why I think we've wasted three seasons.

Speaking of Warburton.... I have little doubt that despite where we were under him that we are far worse off now.  He may have had a "do plan A better" but the way he set us out had potential with better players.

we are currently utterly rudderless and clueless.

A lot of wasted years since 2012 we should have been taking the best of the young players and playing them with a few seasons professionals I know all about the pocket fillers and the rest of the rouges but at the start in the lower divisions  we should have been building investing in the young players getting decent talent spotters instead we bought tit after tit and this is the result today because were still bringing in duds ,a clear out players and this director of football that title in itself is a joke 

49 minutes ago, gisabeer said:

could they have done any worse than the mercenaries that maccoist brought in?

Dunno what you mean, but worth remembering that we were getting doings off of Dundee Utd & Inverness & beat off of Alloa & Queen of the South then. We are better now, albeit miles behind one team. We have a better team than Warburton too, although he was never given as much money as Caixinha & Mark Allen, which is why he left!

1 hour ago, craig said:

You do realize that agree. And co had a share issue which generated enough funds to close that gap, but chose instead to, allegedly, line their own pockets ?

they ARE wasted seasons and not just because Celtic were financially superior but also because we had Chatlatans running us who, had they operated ethically, could have returned us to the top.

the current Board, whilst being Rangers men, need to be doing a whole lot more

Bill was saying: That's three wasted seasons now.

For much of that time, we didn't have charlatans about.

We had our spine broken at Ibrox and never recovered. Somesuch happens. We might have chopped Murty there and then, probably should have done after the cup game. Yet, that's hardly what Rangers have done before. Sacking managers after 10+ games.

we are currently utterly rudderless and clueless.

Let's talk about that tomorrow same time.

Edited by der Berliner

I won’t be holding my breath for this ‘investment’ either! This board have promised much but never seem to get round to delivering. However, if investment is coming, then appointing a rookie manager is even more crazy..