Problems at Ibrox....

MW, PC and GM

One important aspect IMO is unreasonable expectation levels relative to tools at their disposal.

I think it wears management and players down and they can't perform to even the best of their actual ability.

The managers end up thankful to leave.

Edited by buster.

Just now, buster. said:

MW, PC and GM

One important aspect IMO is unreasonable expectation levels relative to tools at their disposal.

I think it wears management and players down and they can't perform to even the best of their actual ability.

They end up thankful to leave.

There may be an element of that, but considering the resources available to them....the expectations aren't all that unrealistic.

Just now, Darthter said:

There may be an element of that, but considering the resources available to them....the expectations aren't all that unrealistic.

Look at the other side of the fence.

Celtic as a club are light years ahead of us in many respects. They have NEVER been stronger whilst we aren't far from being the polar opposite. They are currently out of sight and when they come up against us on the park, they tend to make a point of turning up and in turn exert more pressure on our club.

Expectations are unrealistic and it effects confidence, fragility, splinters the dressing room and we end up not being able to to withstand the likes of Aberdeen or the Sheep.

As I said on another thread, we need to forget about them for at least 12 months and try and build something. We need to communicate this to the support and be honest with them opposed to the 55 marketing. We could still stop 10IAR but it won't be next season.

34 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Been having a long think about whats actually going on at Rangers over recent years & I've come to the conclusion that our problems don't stem from the manager, the player or even the board - I am convinced there is something deeper.

Lets look at some info:

McCoist in Charge:

- no leadership

- no consistency

- unable to break teams down

- lack of fight/spirit

- No plan B, or if there was it was worse than plan A

- Squad build on shoe-string budget

Warburton in Charge:

- no leadership

- no consistency

- lack of fight/spirit

- No plan B, or if there was it was worse than plan A

- Given notable funds for new players, brought in loads - most flopped.  Those that "survived" split fans with their quality & performance.

Caixhina in Charge:

- no leadership

- no consistency

- lack of fight/spirit

- Plenty plans...few worked

- Given notable funds for new players, brought in loads - most flopped.  Those that "survived" split fans with their quality & performance.

Murty in Charge:

- no leadership

- no consistency

- lack of fight/spirit

- Limited success with plan A....sticks with it regardless

- Given funds, worked with DoF & brought in exciting loans (mainly) - most have been poor or inconsistently poor/average

3 completely different managers & backroom staff, 3 completely different approaches to the game, 3 completely different styles....yet all exhibiting the same problems.  WHY???

So what is the root cause of problems???  I believe there is some kind of attitude adjustment required at Auchenhowie.  

I think you're actually saying the manager has no part to play in leadership and establishing the winning ethos you want. Maybe we have the wrong kind of pixies cutting the grass at Auchenhowie? 

We've had four failures in a row because we've had four inadequate managers in a row. And how you can so readily absolve the board that appointed those managers is bizarre.

7 minutes ago, buster. said:

Look at the other side of the fence.

Celtic as a club are light years ahead of us in many respects. They have NEVER been stronger whilst we aren't far from being the polar opposite. They are currently out of sight and when they come up against us on the park, they tend to make a point of turning up and in turn exert more pressure on our club.

Expectations are unrealistic and it effects confidence, fragility, splinters the dressing room and we end up not being able to to withstand the likes of Aberdeen or the Sheep.

As I said on another thread, we need to forget about them for at least 12 months and try and build something. We need to communicate this to the support and be honest with them opposed to the 55 marketing. We could still stop 10IAR but it won't be next season.

I agree that too much emphasis is put on Ceptic....however to say they are "out of sight" is just not true - they have won the league this year by 10 pts, with 9pts to play for ie. 3 games to spare.....that's not exactly "out of sight".

Looking at the last 2 performances, yes they do look "out of sight", but then you factor in a couple of the performances earlier in the season and suddenly the distance ain't that great again.

The team's main expectation this year was to secure 2nd place ahead of Aberdeen, hibs, hearts etc....if that is too much expectation for the players to handle then they are not only at the wrong team, but in the wrong profession.  As for handling the expectations, that something that should be addresses behind the scenes @ Auchenhowie - are our players receiving the correct preparations before taking to the field???  Is the environment right for producing a steely, no nonsense attitude???  We have heard time & time again over the years from players that they need to step up & how they have let the fans down....yet nothing changes.

6 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Get in a proper manager and a lot of those 'problems' takes care of itself. 

IMO. 

I'm not sure if it will remove the issues....but it could certainly help change dressing room attitudes.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think you're actually saying the manager has no part to play in leadership and establishing the winning ethos you want. Maybe we have the wrong kind of pixies cutting the grass at Auchenhowie? 

We've had four failures in a row because we've had four inadequate managers in a row. And how you can so readily absolve the board that appointed those managers is bizarre.

Now that you are talking about Grass I was angry the way it was cut at Ibrox against Hearts. It looked like a frig'n celtic scarf. Now I understand Grass has to be green(although there is blue feeding these days to turn flowers blue so why not grass:D) but it does not have to be cut like it is Green and white stripes.