Problems at Ibrox....

Playing and coaching are different skills. Some great, successful, players can't coach, and some great, succesful, coaches couldn't play.

One size does not fit all.

10 minutes ago, buster. said:

The point doesn't remain. You may well go on second hand English articles and reports but I was in Spain for most of the 90's and believe me that Guardiola was considered as a hugely important player for Barcelona. A crucial and literally pivotal part of the Cruyff way of having his team play.

He was a "stand-out" player and if you want to change the goalposts and call it something else, that's fine..... we could all do that when found to be talking Colin Nish  :murty:;)

"Stand out" was wrong, as I said, but I just meant he wasn't the first player you think of, at least I don't, looking from the outside.

3 minutes ago, craig said:

What you smoking when you say Guardiola wasn't a stand-out ??? :shock:

You are too young to remember :ninja:

You're not wrong... :D

Superb player, but all I meant was that he's not the first player I think of -- Koeman, Laudrup, Stoichkov come to mind first.

It was a general point that the top managers are not often the star man. Will Messi be a top manager, or will it be someone that goes under the radar a wee bit, like Busquets? (You know I love Busquets, but for most, when you think of that Barca side, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are always the first names on their list.)    

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

You're not wrong... :D

Superb player, but all I meant was that he's not the first player I think of -- Koeman, Laudrup, Stoichkov come to mind first.

It was a general point that the top managers are not often the star man. Will Messi be a top manager, or will it be someone that goes under the radar a wee bit, like Busquets? (You know I love Busquets, but for most, when you think of that Barca side, Messi, Xavi, Iniesta are always the first names on their list.)    

Strange... I had made a post prior to the above saying "Look at the current Barcelona team... Iniesta and Busquets wouldn't be the first name you think of... but they are still stand-outs".

Busquets is one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen.  Soooooooo under-rated,

Iniesta is a little magician.  Sad to see him leave.

Strange... I had made a post prior to the above saying "Look at the current Barcelona team... Iniesta and Busquets wouldn't be the first name you think of... but they are still stand-outs".

Busquets is one of the smartest footballers I have ever seen.  Soooooooo under-rated,

Iniesta is a little magician.  Sad to see him leave.

Proves my "stand out" comment was wrong... :facepalm: 

I won't get involved in this one as I know nothing of Spanish football. I couldn't even pick Busquets out if he was standing next to me with a name board around his neck. Spanish, Italian or Champions league football without Rangers does not interest me one little bit.