Problems at Ibrox....

The thing that they are fucking up is the main man, the manager, the leader of the club, someone who commands respect, who can attract players that would otherwise be out of reach, that's why I'm glad we never got McInnes, who would he be able to attract, Niall McGinn, no thanks.

The board have a lot to answer for, but we cannot just simply get them all to fuck, they will continue to make appointments until they get it right.

I must admit I think Mark Allen has been a great appointment from what I have seen so far. On the evidence of last night the academy looks like they are producing good footballers, every time I see the U20's they are tanking some of the biggest teams in Europe.

So to me the biggest problem is the man in charge and don't get me wrong we have a number of issues with players. They need to get the manager correct, I am still up and down about Gerrard, the fact he has no real managerial experience gives me the fear but its fucken Steven Gerrard, who wouldn't want to play for him and I think he will be able to attract players that may have otherwise been out of reach. I know his reputation will only take him so far and he will need to have the resilience and character to pick the team up when the shit hits the fan.

On to the playing staff, I don't really care who leaves, we need a massive clear out though, to many players within that team do not have the mental strength or ability to play for Rangers. To many of them feeling sorry for themselves, they need a boot up the arse.

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Here is the full Eredivisie all ex prof footballers except one who played high amateur. You have your opinion and I have mine. I can understand a General Director not having a Football background but a technical Director that has to dictate the way forward has to have a knowledge of football in my eyes.

Ajax – Marc overmars

PSV- Marcel Brands

Feynoord- Martin van Geel

AZ- Max Huberts

Utrecht- Not stated

FC Twente- Jan van Hals

Vitesse- Marc van Hintum

Sparta – The last one Alex Pastoor done a leveign and became Manager and got the sack when Advocaat took over.

Roda JC- Harm van Veldhoven

Groningen- Ron Jans

Heerenveen- Gerry Hamstra

Den Haag-

PEC Zwolle- Gerard Nijkamp (Not a Prof player but high Amateur)

Heracles- Nico Jan Hoogma

Excelsior- Not stated

Willem 11-Joris Mathijsen

NAC- Hans Smulders

VVV Venlo- Stan Valckx

I can see the benefits -- maybe something to look for going forward -- but right now I just don't see how you can claim our DoF situation is a f*uck up. 

To be fair, it's not the technical aspect we're looking for, it's the implementation of the business model. We need someone with business experience to implement it for us. That's what Man City needed him for, before they snatched Barcelona's DoF. In the future, when the model is implemented, we can look at appointing someone based on their style and playing experience. Doing that now would be a mess. His role is just to make sure it's implemented and then running together. 

You've jumped to conclusions again, putting the cart before the horse.

I think the bottom line imho is that Mark Allen has like GM, been promoted away above his pay grade, I see nothing that shows he has the ability, even his 14 years at MTV. 

Edited by alskoosher

12 hours ago, Unicorn said:

‘Yes he had serious issues getting players to sign, I will never duck that.’

Wow, how magnanimous of you. Serious issues eh?  I thought it was a ‘golden opportunity ‘!?

The bottom part and the entirety of your next reply is just pure supposition, your odious opinion couched in absolutes, so arrogant in your certainty.

I have no idea how a mere fan knows so much about what went on behind the scenes or, indeed, about McCoist’s personal finances.  It’s impressive though, if a pretty shameful way for an adult to act and an even more shameful way for someone to support the club they allegedly love.

Behind the scenes is one thing.  In front of the scenes, he first told us not to trust the asset-stripper Green and then he told us to trust him. In-between this he got the shares for a penny each.

You are right that he has done more good for the club than anyone on this board, but he has also done more damage to it than anyone on this board.

Life isn't black and white nor simple, instead, it's grey and complex.   He did many good things (we'd have lost titles without him both on and off the pitch) and he did many bad things. 

25 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I can see the benefits -- maybe something to look for going forward -- but right now I just don't see how you can claim our DoF situation is a f*uck up. 

To be fair, it's not the technical aspect we're looking for, it's the implementation of the business model. We need someone with business experience to implement it for us. That's what Man City needed him for, before they snatched Barcelona's DoF. In the future, when the model is implemented, we can look at appointing someone based on their style and playing experience. Doing that now would be a mess. His role is just to make sure it's implemented and then running together. 

You've jumped to conclusions again, putting the cart before the horse.

Surely we have general and financial directors to get the business side done. A wee office lassie can also book hotels for the players we do not need a

+400.000 a year manager for that.

In answer to Dave M609, Marc Allen has totally nothing to do with the up grading of the youth that is Mullholland that gets the pat on the back for that. I know you are into laptop managers but all the successful managers have first and foremost been professional footballers. I think it was NEC took the laptop guy behind jurgen Klopp thinking they had a great deal. they were way in front in the league when he took over and plunged to the playoff places after he took over. If you want to watch laptop managers join a gaming site. I agree stats can help but the eye of a good scout and a manager with the proper football knowledge and man management skills will beat a laptop manager any day of the week. 

15 hours ago, alskoosher said:

We may have even more problems after tomorrow, Takeover Panel seeking an interdict at the Court of Session tomorrow.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/current-business/court-rolls/court-roll?id=407e4ea7-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

Perhaps this is connected with the delayed announcement of wtf is going on manager-wise

40 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

I think the bottom line imho is that Mark Allen has like GM, been promoted away above his pay grade, I see nothing that shows he has the ability, even his 14 years at MTV. 

How do you measure the success of a director of football?

1 minute ago, SteveC said:

Perhaps this is connected with the delayed announcement of wtf is going on manager-wise

This motion is unstarred and held in chambers not court, the perception is that since it is a request for interdict TOP are requesting that king be brought to court in person to answer his contempt of that same court and the Law Lords ruling.