Problems at Ibrox....

1 hour ago, craig said:

Perhaps in McCoist's own eyes.

But IMHO you are being naïve if you think that from Charles Green's perspective that he didn't think that McCoist would be the one person to keep the fans onside.  Green didn't have to give McCoist penny shares.

He didn’t give him shares, that’s not how it works.  Mccoist put his own money in as a fan first and foremost.

I don’t know why people can’t be humble to say ‘I’m just a fan, I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes’ rather than inventing their own narratives.  It can be extremely damaging to the club they claim to love. 

24 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

He didn’t give him shares, that’s not how it works.  Mccoist put his own money in as a fan first and foremost.

I don’t know why people can’t be humble to say ‘I’m just a fan, I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes’ rather than inventing their own narratives.  It can be extremely damaging to the club they claim to love. 

Will you be authenticating any such claims?

:whistle:

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

So wait, you still believe that Green wasn't manipulating McCoist to be the face of the club, allowing Green and his buddies to, allegedly, pilfer millions from the club ?

"McCoist put his money in as a fan first and foremost" - aye, right.  I'll crack the jokes.  McCoist was granted penny shares which cost him a pittance, knowing full well that there was every likelihood that he would profit.  McCoist put his money in, first and foremost, to invest and hopefully make some profit.

Do I believe he invested as a fan ? Yes.  Do I believe that was his primary motivation ?  No.  Unless you are McCoist or close to him and had such conversation with him then you are guilty of conjecture as much as I am.

No wonder you have a username of Unicorn :D

14 minutes ago, craig said:

So wait, you still believe that Green wasn't manipulating McCoist to be the face of the club, allowing Green and his buddies to, allegedly, pilfer millions from the club ?

"McCoist put his money in as a fan first and foremost" - aye, right.  I'll crack the jokes.  McCoist was granted penny shares which cost him a pittance, knowing full well that there was every likelihood that he would profit.  McCoist put his money in, first and foremost, to invest and hopefully make some profit.

Do I believe he invested as a fan ? Yes.  Do I believe that was his primary motivation ?  No.  Unless you are McCoist or close to him and had such conversation with him then you are guilty of conjecture as much as I am.

No wonder you have a username of Unicorn :D

I’m going by what McCoist said at the time.  As to what  his motivations were I have no idea and neither do you.

As for the part about Green, I said nothing of the sort.  I don’t know what went on behind the scenes.

Another problem is that the official website is currently down.....

...of course some may read that as a sign of something exciting about to go up, though I can't see why they'd have to put it offline first...

9 minutes ago, Unicorn said:

I’m going by what McCoist said at the time.  As to what  his motivations were I have no idea and neither do you.

As for the part about Green, I said nothing of the sort.  I don’t know what went on behind the scenes.

" Rangers' record goalscorer and manager confirmed he has backed with his own money chief executive Charles Green's share issue, which was originally planned to raise £20 million.

Green claims to have raised £17 million of institutional investment and has ring-fenced £10 million worth of shares for fans who have until Tuesday lunchtime to sign up.

McCoist is already listed in the share offer prospectus as owning 1 million shares in the club, a stake of just under 3 per cent.

The brochure goes on to state that he will have more than 70,000 more shares after the new shares are issued but a smaller stakeholding of less than 2 per cent. "

6 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Of course he's not got a 'footballing' background; otherwise you get a Levein situation at Hearts, interferring all the time.

He doesn't actually scout players: the scouts scout the players. The DoF sets the strategy, of the player profiles etc.  

Well I have seen Directors of football in Holland and some in Germany but I have never seen one who hasn't played football at a prof level. So all he really is is another director with a fancy name with no idea of the professional game. what a Ckuf up.

5 minutes ago, boabie said:

" Rangers' record goalscorer and manager confirmed he has backed with his own money chief executive Charles Green's share issue, which was originally planned to raise £20 million.

Green claims to have raised £17 million of institutional investment and has ring-fenced £10 million worth of shares for fans who have until Tuesday lunchtime to sign up.

McCoist is already listed in the share offer prospectus as owning 1 million shares in the club, a stake of just under 3 per cent.

The brochure goes on to state that he will have more than 70,000 more shares after the new shares are issued but a smaller stakeholding of less than 2 per cent. "

You left a huge chunk of that particular article out.