Problems at Ibrox....

1 minute ago, pete said:

Now that you are talking about Grass I was angry the way it was cut at Ibrox against Hearts. It looked like a frig'n celtic scarf. Now I understand Grass has to be green(although there is blue feeding these days to turn flowers blue so why not grass:D) but it does not have to be cut like it is Green and white stripes.

Maybe it IS the f**king pixies 

Just now, Bill said:

I think you're actually saying the manager has no part to play in leadership and establishing the winning ethos you want. Maybe we have the wrong kind of pixies cutting the grass at Auchenhowie? 

We've had four failures in a row because we've had four inadequate managers in a row. And how you can so readily absolve the board that appointed those managers is bizarre.

I'm not saying the manager has "no part to play in leadership" etc....what I am pointing out is that symptoms have remained constant through multiple different managers.  Each on doing things differently to the last, but getting the same results.

As for the Board, you can not directly link the business side of things to the playing/performance side.  It is the Boards responsibility to appoint a manager and with hindsight they failed on all accounts - but they didn't know that when they were appointed....the same with Gerrard (or any other manager), there are no guarantees over how he will perform - good or bad - until he actually gets into the position.

The Board are responsible for identifying where the root of the problem lies though and as I said, maybe they have taken the extra time to try & identify that and then appoint the right person who can hopefully fix it.

Ultimately, it's not down to the manager, the board, the players or the backroom staff....it is a combination of all the factors that needs to be analysed and fixed.

Its a problem with mentality throughtout the club for me. We expect to be the best without thinking we need to earn it. Tactically and professionally we are behind the curve. We expect people to listen to us but we have pretty much zero respected footballing brains at the club. We have too many chiefs, all trying to get their point across or demanding historical trends continue. We need a cast iron fully shared and expressed footballing strategy. That strategy needs ti focus only on footballing excellence and ignore those across the city or in the media. We need to talk freely and openly without concern of contradiction. We need goals and aims that do not alter week to week and cover the club across the board. Basically we have lost our direction and sight of our destination. We need a man with the spine and integrity to make correct decisions and the strength to see then through.

We need a manager with experience not because experience makes the man but because it allows us to determine the correct man with less room for error

Edited by trublusince1982

Just now, Darthter said:

I agree that too much emphasis is put on Ceptic....however to say they are "out of sight" is just not true - they have won the league this year by 10 pts, with 9pts to play for ie. 3 games to spare.....that's not exactly "out of sight".

Looking at the last 2 performances, yes they do look "out of sight", but then you factor in a couple of the performances earlier in the season and suddenly the distance ain't that great again.

The team's main expectation this year was to secure 2nd place ahead of Aberdeen, hibs, hearts etc....if that is too much expectation for the players to handle then they are not only at the wrong team, but in the wrong profession.  As for handling the expectations, that something that should be addresses behind the scenes @ Auchenhowie - are our players receiving the correct preparations before taking to the field???  Is the environment right for producing a steely, no nonsense attitude???  We have heard time & time again over the years from players that they need to step up & how they have let the fans down....yet nothing changes.

I said they are out of sight in many different aspects, not just on the pitch.

They have a very strong base from which to work. When Rodgers joined he actually had a lot of decent footballers on the staff that could be improved. Ironically, Rodgers recruitment has been patchy and nor has he net spent a lot of money on players.

We seem to have committed to a DoF and improving our football operation but this won't transform everything overnight.

IMO we need to build a squad of players that most have their career in front of them and not the customary list of 30+ year olds who miss half the season through injury or whatever baggage whilst topping up their pension.

1 minute ago, Darthter said:

I'm not saying the manager has "no part to play in leadership" etc....what I am pointing out is that symptoms have remained constant through multiple different managers.  Each on doing things differently to the last, but getting the same results.

As for the Board, you can not directly link the business side of things to the playing/performance side.  It is the Boards responsibility to appoint a manager and with hindsight they failed on all accounts - but they didn't know that when they were appointed....the same with Gerrard (or any other manager), there are no guarantees over how he will perform - good or bad - until he actually gets into the position.

The Board are responsible for identifying where the root of the problem lies though and as I said, maybe they have taken the extra time to try & identify that and then appoint the right person who can hopefully fix it.

Ultimately, it's not down to the manager, the board, the players or the backroom staff....it is a combination of all the factors that needs to be analysed and fixed.

Back to the pixies then? Or maybe the brand of tea we use?

Or perhaps what you're saying is it's not any of them, it's all of them. You could write a philosophy thesis on this one.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

If you can't live with expectation, don't come to Rangers. If you remove those expectation it won't BE Rangers. It was always thus.

Nice line but it is empty rhetoric that can be repeated all you want, it won't address the current problems.

Just now, trublusince1982 said:

Its a problem with mentality throughtout the club for me. We expect to be the best without thinking we need to earn it. Tactically and professionally we are behind the curve. We expect people to listen to us but we have pretty much zero respected footballing brains at the club. We have too many chiefs, all trying to get their point across or demanding historical trends continue. We need a cast iron fully shared and expressed footballing strategy. That strategy needs ti focus only on footballing excellence and ignore those across the city or in the media. We need to talk freely and openly without concern of contradiction. We need goals and aims that do not alter week to week and cover the club across the board. Basically we have lost our direction and sight of our destination. We need a man with the spin and integrity to make correct decisions and the strength to see then through.

We need a manager with experience not because experience makes the man but because it allows us to determine the correct man with less room for error

Totally agree about the loss of direction & taking our position for granted.

As for managerial experience....you could argue that too much experience results in someone too set in their ways to be effective.  Someone like Gerrard doesn't have that baggage & will be more open to adjustment & change in order to get the desired effect - IF he has the balls to come in and really shake things up.

That may be where the past managers have failed....they have been sucked into a particular way of doing things at the club, coz that's how it's done.  Rather than putting their foot down & demanding change.

We now have a DOF making decisions who was only an academy director, we have a manager who is a youth coach and we are trying to bring in a youth coach as manager. There seems to be a new line being brought in .