Problems at Ibrox....

1 minute ago, Unicorn said:

Well you seem like an impartial judge of that.

Wtf are on about ?

Somebody was looking for info and said the official site was down.

I posted the relevant info from elsewhere.

You then allege there was " a huge chunk of that particular article out. "

If there is anything in the article relevant to this thread then please copy and paste it.

If there isn't, why not just be quiet ?

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

So if I was take that narrative as gospel then what you’re saying is the club was such a mess that they entrusted highly complex contract negotiations to a manager who left school at 16 to chase his dream of becoming a professional footballer, all the while operating under a transfer embargo and trying to entice players to drop down to the fourth tier.  

That doesn’t sound very feasible, it certainly doesn’t sound like a ‘golden opportunity’.  

Even if what you’re claiming is true, then focusing the blame entirely on an inexperienced rookie manager who was trying his best to get a team on the field during the madness of administration, demotion, transferring player contracts under TUPE and everything else seems unreasonably harsh.  

Apthough I suppose hindsight is always accurate.  You make it all sound so easy.

Im not making anything sound easy , McCoist had been at the club all his senior career more or less , had spent 4 years as assistant and then manager , yes he had serious issues getting players to sign , I will never duck that , however to simply gloss over the vast array of fuck ups he made is just revisionism at best .

The simple facts are McCoist was in charge of all football operations , we had no one else , and as I stated the greedy bastards in charge were more concerned with raping investors and fans , but you keep on believing what you want , it makes no difference to me nor does it change what happened.

3 hours ago, Unicorn said:

He didn’t give him shares, that’s not how it works.  Mccoist put his own money in as a fan first and foremost.

I don’t know why people can’t be humble to say ‘I’m just a fan, I don’t know what goes on behind the scenes’ rather than inventing their own narratives.  It can be extremely damaging to the club they claim to love. 

Sorry again , but that's rewriting the past again, McCoist came out in the press and slated C Green even going as far as to say the fans shouldn't trust him , with in a week he had been offered 1 million share at 1p each ( way way below the issue price ), quicker than you could say " cash that cheque " he was back in the papers and Tv telling fans everything was ok and to buy season tickets .

As for his reduced wage , he was paid every penny that was in his contract , every single penny , yet he makes out like he was a martyr.

1 hour ago, rbr said:

Im not making anything sound easy , McCoist had been at the club all his senior career more or less , had spent 4 years as assistant and then manager , yes he had serious issues getting players to sign , I will never duck that , however to simply gloss over the vast array of fuck ups he made is just revisionism at best .

The simple facts are McCoist was in charge of all football operations , we had no one else , and as I stated the greedy bastards in charge were more concerned with raping investors and fans , but you keep on believing what you want , it makes no difference to me nor does it change what happened.

‘Yes he had serious issues getting players to sign, I will never duck that.’

Wow, how magnanimous of you. Serious issues eh?  I thought it was a ‘golden opportunity ‘!?

The bottom part and the entirety of your next reply is just pure supposition, your odious opinion couched in absolutes, so arrogant in your certainty.

I have no idea how a mere fan knows so much about what went on behind the scenes or, indeed, about McCoist’s personal finances.  It’s impressive though, if a pretty shameful way for an adult to act and an even more shameful way for someone to support the club they allegedly love.

11 minutes ago, craig said:

Unicorn, please refrain from the sniff sniff nonsense.

Only if he and you refrain from accusing Rangers legends of all sorts of nefarious activity without evidence.

Until then I’ll imply what I like too, thanks.

Edited by Unicorn

1 hour ago, Unicorn said:

‘Yes he had serious issues getting players to sign, I will never duck that.’

Wow, how magnanimous of you. Serious issues eh?  I thought it was a ‘golden opportunity ‘!?

The bottom part and the entirety of your next reply is just pure supposition, your odious opinion couched in absolutes, so arrogant in your certainty.

I have no idea how a mere fan knows so much about what went on behind the scenes or, indeed, about McCoist’s personal finances.  It’s impressive though, if a pretty shameful way for an adult to act and an even more shameful way for someone to support the club they allegedly love.

Lololol ooooh matron and all the big words you use too , you know nothing about me or who i know , i have been posting on here for years and will stand by everything i post .If you dobt like it or its too sensitive for you , block me .

The fat man lost his legendary status when he lined his pockets with his penny shares. Agree with Craig on McCoist and rbr too. He was no martyr and took whatever he thought he could withought being seen for what he is. 

Even now he is part of the problematic narrative as he collects his shillings from his paymasters with negative agendas.

13 minutes ago, rbr said:

Lololol ooooh matron and all the big words you use too , you know nothing about me or who i know , i have been posting on here for years and will stand by everything i post .If you dobt like it or its too sensitive for you , block me .

Oh, you know people do you?  Aye, no bother.  How important and in the know you must be.

Mccoist has done more for our club that you, me and every single person on this forum put together and deserves more than petty character assassination from people who can’t possibly know what went on behind closed doors.