Problems at Ibrox....

Just now, rbr said:

Can't believe anyone thinks McCoist had to build a team from scratch on a shoe string budget , he authorised contracts to players such as Sandaza and Black at £7000 a week each ( oh and we had been offered them 3 weeks prior for £1500 a week , before they both changed agents ) , this at a time when we were playing against part timers in the 3rd division.

McCoist wasted 3 years that were a golden opportunity to rebuild for the future , this board have further wasted 3 years , its enough to make you cry .

but it was a "relative" shoe-string budget.  If memory serves did we not have a transfer ban in place at the time as well???  he was VERY restricted in who he could bring in due to being in the bottom tier.

3 poor managers, zero scouting network, rubbish leadership on and off the park, the constant stupid club statements, lack of defending fans and players, low quality recruitment, no footballing philosophy that is matched by playing staff, TOP distractions, not listening to fans (customers) re  scum at Broomloan, 26k a week for a Mexican alcoholic, watching opponents spit on  and wipe snorters on crests and humiliate our name, etc etc. I could go on and on but all of the above happening at the same time across a club IS the board’s problem and whilst in their defence they have been fire fighting Ashley they have not shown the aptitude and organisation to lead our club overall. The AGMs are non events, the supposed strategy is clouded in mystery, the contribution of AJ is vague, the performance of Robertson is abysmal, the PR is garbage and they can hardly get RTV to stream properly. 

If a company produces a rubbish product you may you may be able to point to an employee issue or a supplier issue or a production line issue on occasions and fix it but if the problem is constant and widespread it is the Board's problem. If you are constantly humiliated by your biggest competitor and arch enemy it is the Board’s problem. 

Some steps have been taken re DoF and his role and legacy contracts but it’s simply not enough. They have a scapegoat in Murty and that is another shameful piece of hiding and deflection from them. 

Everyone has valid points. Some with more currency than others, granted, but surely we can all agree that there are very few aspects of the club which we can say, hand on heart, as having changed for the better.

The inescapable fact remains; the board have it all to do. 

I'll ask a question - if they don't deliver Gerrard or a manager with a proven pedigree, how long do we give them?

In the context of this discussion, consider: A magnificent Souness rant about Granit Xhaka, and Arsenal, aided and abetted by Thierry Henry, yesterday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IovwgEHn11Y

Two things immediately struck me: 'kid on football', and the need for 'men' in the centre of the pitch. Oh, and 'professionalism', too.

Edited by Uilleam

There's no big mystery about what is going on. A succession of abysmal boards have appointed a succession of abysmal managers whom have signed - for the most part - abysmal players. 

I don't think a decent board would have any problems getting us winning again. Three years into the Dave King regime we are behind Aberdeen in the league and level on points with Hibs. There has been no progression here. 

I have just looked at our Director of Football's past and seemingly he has never played at senior level but has been a business man for most of his working life. He was well liked as Academy director but i would think that is mostly a business role.

The worrying thing is that Murty keeps telling us that he and Allen have been working on players for next season. I really worry the whole rangers set-up looks like the blind leading the blind.

Regarding Murty ...

The truly bad thing is that even before the Ibrox OF game we were questioning the line-up's of Murty, despite him getting results.

Using hindsight and conjecture, one might say that he simply didn't trust Cardoso and/or Alves as centre-halfs, when both were sure better footballers than the likes of Wilson, Bates, or indeed Martin. What neither of the Portuguese were used to where a) the aggressive nature of the Scottish game and b) the way they were left exposed by the fullbacks. We hardly addressed that up until McCrorie came in as sweeper in front of the defence. Losing Jack as the destroyer in midfield was really bad too.
Goss, a youngster, had probably one or two bad games and was instantly dropped. The one chap who's passes could split a defence. Very peduliar man-management.
Docherty was brought in as a "replacement"(?) for Holt, when the latter had been mis-used as a DM rather than the right-sided attacking MF that he is. (I saw more activity, application and creativity from Holt in these last two games than in Windass ever since his OF goal at Ibrox).
Dorrans was good enough at the start of the season, but has hardly shown anything to validate a starting slot after his return. Which again probably has to do that he is mis-used as a DM. But Murty picks him time and again.
Windass is almost ever present with Murty's teams and while he scored a hatful of goals mostly presented to him by his fellow hard working players, he's simply an empty jersey for long spells, instead of taking responsibility required for a No. 10 slot.

One striker ... utterly bizarre, given the packed defences we play against. Waste of Morelos and Cummings.

All the above was sure questioned by Nicholl et al, Miller and Wallace. I don't think it is far from the truth in saying that Murty was having none of it though and was doing his own stuff, no matter what. Hence Nicholl casting an isolated figure and the players, apparently affected by that scenario, can't get their act together.