Graeme Murty 'relieved of his duties' as Rangers manager

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Ahem ... I am under the impression that McInnes chose Aberdeen over us after some late talk with Milne (or whomever it was)? And if the board deemed the DoF's choices to weak for the job - which we can't verify - so be it. There is no reason to believ that any of the DoF's choices would have saved the season. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably ... and who could have forseen what followed?

Hi Guys, been away for a bit but delighted to be back. Had a severe case of being terrified of men in comfortable shoes, but I appear to be over it now.

But I see things are still going as normal. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably......wow

12 minutes ago, BEARGER said:

Do you know what his salary is?

Have heard from within the club what it is - obviously hearsay - but lets say that If true I would definitely consider giving up my reasonably successful accounting career of 20+ years to be Jimmy's successor :thup:

5 minutes ago, Dragonfly Trumpeter said:

Hi Guys, been away for a bit but delighted to be back. Had a severe case of being terrified of men in comfortable shoes, but I appear to be over it now.

But I see things are still going as normal. Likewise, up to the Ibrox OF game Murty did admirably......wow

Welcome back DT.

Since you have been away Rangers have won.... nothing.  Your return can only be a good omen :D

14 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Was it Robertson's decision to appoint Murty or was it a decision taken at RIFC board level?

I would imagine it was a Board decision. My concerns are not over a single issue. Murty position is symptomatic of a continued lack of control at the club. 

If the Board don’t let him run the club then we don’t need an MD. if he has been running it then he’s made a super mess of it. 

He might be a good FD but he’s nowhere near MD material and certainly  not on a salary of 250k. 

I don't understand why the board let him have another crack at the Tims? They should have put him back in the Academy after the last debacle against them.

The board did Murty and the support no favours by letting  him take a severe beating off them, it's verging on sadistic. 

Sad to see some of the vitriol aimed at him on social media and forums.   The guy was put in an impossible situation and like every one of his predecessors since 2012 is being vilified by some for failing to meet unrealistic expectations.

I don’t know how many managers we need to burn through before people accept that what happened to us in 2012 has no quick fix.  The amount of comments I’ve heard and read that essentially state that if we get the right manager in then everything will be alright. It’s nonsense.  Celtic can outspend us 4/1 at least and that’s not changing any time soon.

The next scapegoat for that is already lined up in Gerrard.