Paul Murray And Barry Scott Resign

Just now, Bill said:

I thought the UK Corporate Governance Code was intended for LSE listed companies only.

Its is Bill and to be fair its a guidance more than anything but its also been adopted by a hell of a lot of private companies since the 1992 Cadbury report.

6 hours ago, Bluedell said:

No facts, but some reasoned speculation, both that it's a positive thing and a negative thing. However, none of us have a scooby.

Thank you. More than happy to engage in groundless speculation but only when I’ve more time. Want fact right now!!

20 minutes ago, alskoosher said:

Why would they have resigned to make way for anyone, is there suddenly a limit on the number of directors we can have.

It could be as simple as a conflict of interest with a new investor, that might get have no connection to Rangers and relate only to other business interests of the various parties. 

6 hours ago, alskoosher said:

Why would they have resigned to make way for anyone, is there suddenly a limit on the number of directors we can have.

Depends on the bye-laws and Constitution/Articles of Association.  They may have restricted numbers of Board members.

Those can obviously be changed but it could take some time to hold the Board meeting to agree the changes and then the filings to take effect at Companies House.

14 hours ago, Darthter said:

I would argue that there IS basis for thinking there's been a disagreement.

- All talk of major investment is purely rumour

- 2 directors have walked unexpectedly

- It looks likely that we will be appointing a very high profile, rookie manager who will want spending money

- One of the most common causes for Directors leaving is disagreement.

- What other tangible reason could there be?

Hopefully it's not a major falling out, but until we have something tangible to suggest otherwise, disagreement is the most likely reason.

How do you know it was unexpected?

Directors leaving because they disagree???  If directors aren't disagreeing, the board isn't working.  You just want to read more into this than there is.  I'm surprised your default position is that something must be wrong.

It isn't a surprise that Jackson jumps on yesterdays resignations in time honoured fashion but he doesn't offer any real details as to the whys and what for.

I don't think it a stretch to suggest that Paul Murray and Jackson were in frequent contact with each other during the spivs time at Ibrox. The DR/Jackson took what was really a commercial decision to go with the good guys side of the argument given that it had access to some of the details that were going on. Yes, the DR was on our side during most of that time and Jackson tends to stay loyal to those who provide him with information he can use and in this case, win awards with.

At the sametime Jackson has gone heavily anti-Dave King and you can't say that action is without reason. Is the weight and constant barrage fair and reasonable, no, I don't think it is. It comes accross as a campaign that continues regardless of events.

So, is the PM (and Barry Scott?) resignation something that reflects opposition to what Dave King is looking to push through ?

Mibbes aw, mibbes naw.

Personally, I think we have to be careful with Dave King and his methods. Not dismiss them or automatically shout at them, just be careful and vigilant. You'd hope that there are still those on the board that would be and that Club 1872 won't simply get caught up in any headlines about Gerrard.

2 hours ago, craig said:

Depends on the bye-laws and Constitution/Articles of Association.  They may have restricted numbers of Board members.

Or perhaps 7 is seen as the optimal number for the board.

However, as has been pointed out, you would normally expect NEDs to be appointed at the same time as the resignations, particularly given the high profile nature of them.