Paul Murray And Barry Scott Resign

27 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Could be them not agreeing with the Gerrard appointment, or issues involving the Takeover Panel, or not wanting involved in the stick that's flying around, or personal issues, or opening up for more NED appointments, or clearing the deck for fresh investment, or......

Could be them not agreeing with the Gerrard appointment:

They may not have agreed but I think they'd have came along for an 'exciting ride'

Issues involving the Takeover Panel or not wanting involved in the stick that's flying around:

If stick was a problem they'd have been long gone or not arrived.

Personal issues:

Both at the sametime,...doubtful

Opening up for more NED appointments:

Probable

Clearing the deck for fresh investment:

Possible

Or.......:

Almost certainly

Edited by buster.

4 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Could be them not agreeing with the Gerrard appointment, or issues involving the Takeover Panel, or not wanting involved in the stick that's flying around, or personal issues, or opening up for more NED appointments, or clearing the deck for fresh investment, or......

I'm hopeful that it is one of the latter options.

Pretty sure the board have gone on record to say that it wants some non-supporters or independent board members.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Can't be good. It is notable that the article was very keen to heap praise on both, but that could be damage limitation knowing the press will make the most of it. Keith Jackson will be loving it.

Think you might have read a bit too much Keith Jackson. :D

4 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Strange announcement! it has fans in a bit of a panic! not much information in that statement and just leaves us all guessing!

I'm guessing they have to for regulatory reasons, hopefully this will be swiftly followed by some good news. 

3 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I'm guessing they have to for regulatory reasons, hopefully this will be swiftly followed by some good news. 

Aye maybe! however that's why I think it is a strange statement! if they are being replaced by new board members/invesstors then why not wait and release all in one statement?

I think it's definitely bad for two reasons;

1. If there was a normal explanation they would have given it
  2. The timing is terrible for unexplained board resignations, if there was a normal explanation they'd have timed this differently to prevent the perception of chaos at the club

Main worry for me is that they've lost confidence in King. Could be they've been asked to cough up more money for Gerrard's warchest too when existing loans aren't being repaid.

Edited by DMAA

May we look forward to personal statements from the two (soon to be) ex-directors?

Or will there be some omerta clause, somewhere, preventing this?

I find it difficult to perceive the whys and wherefores of their departures.