Ibrox proposed parking restrictions

1 hour ago, johnnyk said:

or Frankie can drop us off at the Neptune first Ian :)

We will just jump out at the traffic lights somewhere:thup:.........................the train journey is looking a better option

Edited by ian1964

• 2 weeks later...

The SNP MSP for Shettleston, John Mason, has caused a stir.

A disabled Celtic supporter contacted him to express concern about proposed parking restrictions around Parkhead.

Mason responded, in an email, by suggesting that the fellow should support another team instead!

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

I saw that. Also Celtic are now in talks with the city council about the parking restrictions proposed for Parkhead. Wonder what the outcome will be !

Cooncil will build them a nice shiney new 10,000 space multi-storey for £20.....

2 hours ago, Frankie said:

I'm sure I read blue badge holders can park within the new restrictions as per normal?  Not sure if there is a time limit for that mind you.

I had a look at the proposals for Ibrox and there were disabled spaces marked out nearby.

I have no idea if the number of spaces is adequate.

Presumably the proposals at Parkhead are similar.

2 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

I had a look at the proposals for Ibrox and there were disabled spaces marked out nearby.

I have no idea if the number of spaces is adequate.

Presumably the proposals at Parkhead are similar.

I think blue badge holders can still park outwith these marked spaces as well (i.e. in existing areas as long as they're not double yellow lines).

Like I say, not sure if such areas are time limited though (the marked spaces won't be).

I wonder what the cost would be of building a multi-storey car park for (say) 1500 cars? I saw an article about a new multi-storey car park at Aberdeen hospital that holds 1000 cars and cost £10.7m to build.