The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

38 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I really hope we don’t waste more money on veterans at centre back. There’s absolutely no chance we’ve bid £4m for Skrtel though. Liverpool sold him for £5m 2 years ago when he was 31. 

The Brighton guy sounds like a good prospect. I’m confident those are the kind of guys Allen will be looking at. 

I know I'm the same mate, we don't need to be punting that much money on a vet, especially when Alves is still there. I think that price has come from Fener though, I would really like Skertl, he was a good centre half and he could more than cut it here.

I had a read about the guy from BHA, he looks a good player, however he has been out for a while because he had a heart condition and had to be operated on.

I have confidence in Allen as well, I think some of the guys he has brought in have been pretty good.

I think SG/GMc & Allen will get the best players they can in, they know what is required and I am confident we will see better quality players coming in, well we have to don't we!.

I still like the transfer RUMOURS! :D

2 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

I think SG/GMc & Allen will get the best players they can in, they know what is required and I am confident we will see better quality players coming in, well we have to don't we!.

I still like the transfer RUMOURS! :D

I think SG will have a very good knowledge of CURRENT defenders that could do a job for us - after all, he was playing against them not that long ago.

Well, some info from our more reliable ITK poster ID 10 via FF:

Skrtel not at that price
McBurnie not at that price
Harry Wilson Liverpool
Adam Lewis Liverpool

There is some which I can’t firm up & won’t break confidence on yet, but it is said we are talking with 7 players agents at minute

What I will say is that they sound good!

Regarding Allan McGregor:

Deal is on table for him from us, 2 year deal
Hull have offered him a lucrative deal to stay
Nothing concrete either way

Regarding Lucas Leiva (ex-Liverpool, now Lazio)

More likely his fee is closer to £3m

Q: Is there something in this?

ID10 liked that question

And off we go with this:

Rangers want Brighton’s Connor Goldson as James Tavernier emerges as £3.5m transfer target for Crystal Palace

SunSport can reveal the Seagulls stopper is on Steven Gerrard’s radar as he tries to bolster his backline

ames Tavernier could be poised to leave Ibrox — with Crystal Palace lining up a £3.5million move.

Wolverhampton lad Goldson, 25, joined Brighton from first club Shrewsbury in 2015 and was a regular in their line-ups in the Championship.

But the no-nonsense defender’s career was put on hold when he needed open heart surgery in February 2017.

Goldson was found to have an enlarged aorta, a potentially fatal condition.

He returned to make his Premier League debut in the 1-0 home loss to Watford last December.

Meanwhile, Palace are keen to make a move for Tavernier — with gaffer Roy Hodgson having tracked the Gers stand-in skipper since January.

While Gers have slapped a £4m price tag on his head, the former England boss is poised for a summer swoop.

Hodgson guided his side to safety last weekend and wants to strengthen ahead of the next campaign.

The full-back, who has worn the captain’s armband at Ibrox since January, recently penned a new three-and-a-half year deal with Gers.

He joined from Wigan in 2015 and is currently tied to Rangers until 2021.

SunSport understands the club will consider offers for him, Josh Windass, Alfredo Morelos and Wes Foderingham.

Plus ...

Santos Laguna and Chivas trying to get Herrera ... it seems. 600k is being rumoured.

51 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, some info from our more reliable ITK poster ID 10 via FF:

Skrtel not at that price
McBurnie not at that price
Harry Wilson Liverpool
Adam Lewis Liverpool

Regarding Lucas Leiva (ex-Liverpool, now Lazio)

More likely his fee is closer to £3m

Q: Is there something in this?

ID10 liked that question

Santos Laguna and Chivas trying to get Herrera ... it seems. 600k is being rumoured.

The rapid-fire '4M bids' were never that convincing !

Why would a Mexican side offer money when they (should) know if they were to come and offer to takeover his contract, we'd bite their hands off.

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

The rapid-fire '4M bids' were never that convincing !

Why would a Mexican side offer money when they (should) know if they were to come and offer to takeover his contract, we'd bite their hands off.

Maybe because he is rated in Mexico and there will be other Mexican clubs wanting him?

Just now, ian1964 said:

Maybe because he is rated in Mexico and there will be other Mexican clubs wanting him?

They obviously rate him if they want to sign him but when it comes to dosh, it's usually the business heid that takes over unless the Mexican Martin Bain is involved.