The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Well, who knows what we may get for Windass ... given the EPL interest. I doubt that we'll pay 4m for any player anytime soon though.

I would assume that FLHAD will perhaps know of players going out, whether the new regime will leak info about who may come in is another matter though ...

We seem to be adamant that McBurnie is good. I've not actually watched him enough to comment. On the little I've seen, he's not really a goalscorer, more a target-man and link-up player -- which actually makes sense as he's come up the Swansea system. He might be a useful option, but I wouldn't be spending £4m on him; he's barely played any first-team games. 

Unfortunately if you want to shop in England then £4m isn't a huge amount there nowadays.

Let's remember we paid £3m+ for a 20 year old Kyle Lafferty ( a similar type of player actually) ten years ago from Burnley (then in the Championship) though he had been playing regularly for three seasons.

£4m for a player going into his last year of contract, only made 17 apps & has been loaned out several times.....not for me.

IF true, this may be where SG comes up against problems.  Down south, £4m is nothing for a player that might have potential - that is the market that SG is used to.  Up here, we are looking for a lot more of a finished product for that kind of money.

We need to be looking at <£1m for "potential" type players.

McBurnie looks a quality target man/link up player to me. He's proven he's got goals in his locker too so I think he'd be a fantastic addition, although not at £4m.

From a corresponding thread over on FF with ITKer ID10 essentially confirming the links ...

Leaving:

Josh Windass - Cardiff £3m
Eduardo Herrera - Chivas £600k
James Tavernier - Crystal Palace £4m

Incoming:

Adam Lewis - Liverpool Leftback