The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I hope he isn't in France just now,....he's got some work to do elsewhere !!

:rfc:

He's in France looking at possible signings.  As per his message of yesterday, not sure if he'll be at Ibrox/Auchenhowie until next week.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Gerrard was/is in France for the Toulon tournament.

Yes I knew that but he is now on Rangers business abroad possibly together with Allen.

Is that business just scouting in Toulon or are they talking to a player somewhere?

Just now, Frankie said:

He's in France looking at possible signings.  As per his message of yesterday, not sure if he'll be at Ibrox/Auchenhowie until next week.

Thank's,.......... didn't hear that, thought he was to be in Glasgow today.

:$ 

I'm not sure about McGeough, when you leave us to join Celtic that for me closes the door on you forever.

He's had a good couple of seasons but midfield is arguably the one area we don't need to strengthen currently. 

21 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

I'm not sure about McGeough, when you leave us to join Celtic that for me closes the door on you forever.

He's had a good couple of seasons but midfield is arguably the one area we don't need to strengthen currently. 

He left them to join us first :P.  Tbf he has out performed McGinn this season personally and if we can pick him up for free we should be trying to get him.  Lets not pretend our midfield is that good, plenty in there we could move on instead.

52 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

We normally agree on most things but i am surprised you say that we don't need to strengthen the midfield. Dorrans, Halliday and Holt are not good enough. Windass is the only really attacking midfielder we have and there are certainly questions about him. Jack never really set the grass on fire but his presence was very short. I actually think he started to play better when McCrorie came in as a defensive mid and Jack moved slightly more forward. Docherty is still young and more for the future if he improves. He isn't ready to lead the midfield yet.

Isn't McGeouch more like McCall rather than a real attacking midfielder? 2 assists in 42 games last season is all he got. The engine in the midfield, not shy of a tackle?

Dorrans has had a disappointing start to his career with us, injuries and performance-wise. That said, he as well as Holt have been shoe-horned into a role that is not theirs. Debating Windass would open a topic-buster again. Maybe we give this rumour another 48 hours or so ...

A free transfer of a highly rated 25 year old Scottish International from a rival is always going to sound pretty good.

Personally I haven't seen enough of him to comment and I don't think it's a priority position for us.