The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

10 hours ago, craig said:

Exactly !

Anyone who has read Goram's autobiography will recall when he was on loan at Man Utd.  He was getting ready to get changed after training and Beckham asks him if he has anything on after training - Goram replies that he doesn't and Beckham then asks if he would mind going in goal so Beckham can practice his free kicks.... Beckham then proceeded to hit, I think, between 200-300 free kicks to hone his skills.

The people mentioned in this thread, and I would include Windass in there too - all have it in their locker to be dangerous set piece takers but need to have the desire to be the best at their craft.

Beckham was always like that and obviously never grew out of it. I saw him talking one time about when he was a kid he used to hang 3 or 4 car tyres along the crossbar from ropes and would vary the heights of these tyres. Sometimes they might be hanging on a short rope up in the postage stamp corner at either side for example with others more central.

Then he would stand outside the box taking free kicks having decided on which tyre to go for and would do this for hours. He got to a stage he could put it through any tyre at any height almost every time.

Whatever we might say about Beckham in other aspects of his life he worked hard to get to the top and patently didn't stop working hard when he got there.

39 minutes ago, Malangsob said:

I am lost on the attraction to this guy? He seems so ordinary. Is it his versatility? Anybody know?

Definitely versatile and must have something about him since PSG apparently also showed interest before acquiring someone else.

Versatility: Though natural in the centre of the park, Coulibaly has featured in every midfield position throughout his short career and, according to Transfermarkt, has even appeared at right full-back - a lot like a certain Rangers manager.

PSG interest: According to Goal, Coulibaly was considered by Paris Saint-Germain as they sought to replace Blaise Matuidi before the former player's move to Angers. And the French champions eventually turned to another Lassana - Diarra.

Rangers defender Bruno Alves set for Serie A return with Parma

SERIE A outfit Parma are set to complete a deal for Rangers defender Bruno Alves.

The veteran centre-back has spent the summer at the World Cup with Portugal, but failed to make an appearance before their last 16 exit to Uruguay. 

Alves signed a two-year deal with the Ibrox club last summer, but Gianluca Di Marzio reported on Wednesday that he will leave Glasgow a year early to join the recently-promoted Italian side.  

Read more: Scott Ruscoe: Gerrard's new-look Rangers team will beat Shkupi - then push Celtic all the way in league

The 36-year-old made the move to Scotland from Cagliari in July last year and made 25 appearances for the Light Blues in the 2017/18 campaign. 

However, the Portuguese appears to be surplus to requirements under Steven Gerrard as the new Gers boss has added two new central defenders to his squad this summer, Nikola Katic and Connor Goldson. 

Rangers' season gets underway next week with the visit of Macedonian side Shkupi in the Europa League first qualifying round. 

English League Two outfit Bury will visit Ibrox on Friday in the club's final friendly test before competitive action begins. 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16332007.rangers-defender-bruno-alves-set-for-serie-a-return-with-parma/

Let's hope we get some money and don't simply let him leave to free up wages. After all, he's a World Cup participant and international player.

5 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/16332007.rangers-defender-bruno-alves-set-for-serie-a-return-with-parma/

Let's hope we get some money and don't simply let him leave to free up wages. After all, he's a World Cup participant and international player.

....and a 1st team regular with a year left on his contract.....£7m should cover it!!!

18 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

In all honesty, I can see it being a token fee (probably to cover anything outstanding to Cagliari....biggest boost to us will be having a large wage off the bill.

1 hour ago, Darthter said:

In all honesty, I can see it being a token fee (probably to cover anything outstanding to Cagliari....biggest boost to us will be having a large wage off the bill.

40k per week from what I was told.... that may help bring Ings in, lol

How much do you guys seriously think we will get for Alves?  We got em for free, he is 36 and is playing like dog shit. I would think the club should just be happy to be rid of the salary.

I say 1M tops.