The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Looking very light in every department right now bar RB and keeper. Understand getting Alves off the wage bill but we need another two CB's for my liking since these two havnt even played one half together yet. if cordoso as reported wasn't even in Spain leaves us extremely short.

Mccorrie isn't good enough at CB and with rossiter and dorrans injured we need him in CM. Don't think the loan boy from Liverpool will play for a while yet by the looks of it. Very defensive mid three to play in euro tie.

Starting to look like last season starting 11 and formation with katic and Goldson added for qualifiers. Doesn't fill me with confidence even playing a so called minnow.

Is that thirteen out and six pernament in and a loanee? 

8 days until competitive games Gerrard is putting a hell of alot of faith in a squad who has consistently let their managers down. Brave decision or mental here's hoping his influence can buck the trend so far. Can only assume he's gambling a little to maximise the available budget to get better players with pull of euro games. QR2 is not going to be easy that team has beat decent sides.

I think we're seriously lacking creativity.

If SG is relying on Murphy, Candeias and Windass to win us games, week in week out, we might be in for more disappointment.

A creative midfielder is essential...and we don't have one.

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think we're seriously lacking creativity.

If SG is relying on Murphy, Candeias and Windass to win us games, week in week out, we might be in for more disappointment.

A creative midfielder is essential...and we don't have one.

Guys, FFS.... The window is open for quite some time yet.

How much do you actually know about Ejaria ?  Is he not a creative attacking mid ?  I thought he was.

Windass, Murphy & Candeias are decent players.  We only need look across the city to see how a change of manager can change the fortunes of a team.  Celtic were horrible against us in the SC semi final.... we looked better than them even as a 1st division team.... they replaced Deila with Rodgers, changed very little in the playing personnel and went "invincible".  You don't always need root and branch change in the playing personnel.... just a more professional attitude in the management side.

Gerrard seems to want his players to be fitter - and we know he wants to press higher up the pitch.  Do that, be consistent, be mentally strong - and there is no reason we can't challenge.

Stop being pessimistic and look at where we MIGHT be able to be positive.

This is spot on. While those players mentioned underachieved last season, the lack of decent coaching and management was a huge part of that. I think we have a lot of players in our squad that will be so much better with good coaching and management. 

15 minutes ago, craig said:

Guys, FFS.... The window is open for quite some time yet.

How much do you actually know about Ejaria ?  Is he not a creative attacking mid ?  I thought he was.

Windass, Murphy & Candeias are decent players.  We only need look across the city to see how a change of manager can change the fortunes of a team.  Celtic were horrible against us in the SC semi final.... we looked better than them even as a 1st division team.... they replaced Deila with Rodgers, changed very little in the playing personnel and went "invincible".  You don't always need root and branch change in the playing personnel.... just a more professional attitude in the management side.

Gerrard seems to want his players to be fitter - and we know he wants to press higher up the pitch.  Do that, be consistent, be mentally strong - and there is no reason we can't challenge.

Stop being pessimistic and look at where we MIGHT be able to be positive.

Gerrard has clearly said he won't be ready for a while and he will be back up. As said it's Europe I am concerned about. Registration is Friday. He hasn't featured in any games so far either not even the 11v11

Edited by trublusince1982

I don't think there is any undue pessimism. When you think what we've endured these last few years I think it's entirely reasonable to temper hope with caution. There's only so many times you can build up hope only to see it evaporate in embarrassing failure. I certainly hope we're on the right path now but I sure as hell don't think we're anywhere near having a title-winning team yet. Personally, I'll get more positive when there's something to get more positive about.

2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Rangers director of football Mark Allen must be sacked if he accepts the reported seven-figure bid for Rangers talisman Alfredo Morelos, due to the Colombian’s crucial role within the team and the paltry nature of the offer.

The Turkish news outlet Tavkim reported that Fenerbahce have tabled a £2.5million bid for the Colombian, but Allen and Steven Gerrard must ignore this bid.

A natural goal threat is what any debutant manager needs to take the pressure off, and Morelos is one of the Gers most electrifying attacking options, so it must be Allen’s absolute priority to supply Gerrard with this ahead of his first season at the Ibrox.

Morelos, 22, scored an impressive 14 goals in the Scottish Premier League last time out, as well as aiding his team-mates with six assists.

In fact, during his debut season at the Ibrox the dynamic forward lead the team with 18 goals in all competitions, and Gerrard cannot be without this attacking presence.

The fact that the former Liverpool captain has brought in more attacking players should not tempt the Gers bosses into selling the former Colombia under-20 international, as his goals record speaks for itself.

In the league alone, the 22-year-old accounted for a goal every two games just about, scoring every 181 minutes for the Gers.

This is an impressive statistic, and any of Gerrard’s summer additions do not have the experience within Scotland to be able to deliver this expectation immediately.

Although the Colombian is likely to succeed in Turkey, Rangers must make it their absolute priority to retain his attacking services, as the pressure to mount a serious challenge to Celtic’s silverware will be much reduced with his presence.

This responsibility lies with Allen himself, and he must face the consequences if he leaves Gerrard without one of the most exciting players in Scottish football.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/07/blogs/scottish-premier-league/rangers-must-not-sell-alfredo-morelos/

This is not football, but rubbish based paranoia-making.

NB: It has been said that Sadiq aside, 4 more players are wanted. A few loanees may arrive late in the window, as may some players on a permanent basis. Happens all the time and we always shake our heads at the last few hours of a tranfser window running for months.

Edited by der Berliner

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

This is not football, but rubbish based paranoia-making.

NB: It has been said that Sadiq aside, 4 more players are wanted. A few loanees may arrive late in the window, as may some players on a permanent basis. Happens all the time and we always shake our heads at the last few hours of a tranfser window running for months.

I doubt Morelos will be leaving and certainly not for the price being quoted. I'm not overly concerned right now as I feel we have enough to negotiate the upcoming Europa league tie. Would like more activity before QR2.

I'm guessing Friday night should go a long way towards telling us what his first 11 will be and how they will set up.

Bruno Alves was poised to exit Rangers on Wednesday night for Parma as manager Steven Gerrard continues his squad revamp.

And it is understood Millwall’s Jake Cooper features on a list of potential replacements for the Portuguese international.

The 23-year-old left-sided centre-back would likely cost a seven-figure fee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5919293/Rangers-boss-Gerrard-eyes-Millwall-defender-Cooper-replacement-Parma-bound-Alves.html