The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

12 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Most likely next business according to ID10

Sadiq is only business I have heard....

Since this is the last day of EL registration for round one ... though we may bring in one wildcard (or the like?) till Monday.

I’m guessing it will be Monday because things seem very quiet again today. However I don’t think it would be likely he’d play much of a role in this round anyway. 

15 hours ago, der Berliner said:

That's just something to wind that bampot Muirhead up, isn't it?

BTW, people over at FF (some ITKs) seem rather certain that Solanke will arrive in early August.

No, it wasn't aimed at Muirhead - was aimed at someone else who was posting nonsense

4LHAD have a new blog up and it discusses potential transfer rumours.

According to them Gerrard has told Liverpool that he would like as many as FOUR of their players - with 2 from 4 being the best outcome for us.  The four mentioned are :  Solanke, Woodburn, Harry Wilson and Danny Ings.

Any 2 from those 4 would be great IMO.  Wilson & Ings would be my preferred, but I think Ings would probably be the least likely of the 4.  Solanke & Wilson would work too :D

What is it people see in these guys?

The only one I'd be interested in is Wilson; he's played sparsely for Hull, but contributed a decent amount of goals in the few starts he had, for an attacking midfielder. 

Woodburn is a talent, but he's 18; he can't really be expected to walk into our team, or at least not play regularly. He'll not be consistent.

Ings is unlikely because of wage demands, and has not been in great form -- albeit due to injury. He's only really had one good season at Burnley, where he hit a goal every two games. 

Solanke is a good worker, but nothing else; not a great player, IMO. 

35 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

What is it people see in these guys?

The only one I'd be interested in is Wilson; he's played sparsely for Hull, but contributed a decent amount of goals in the few starts he had, for an attacking midfielder. 

Woodburn is a talent, but he's 18; he can't really be expected to walk into our team, or at least not play regularly. He'll not be consistent.

Ings is unlikely because of wage demands, and has not been in great form -- albeit due to injury. He's only really had one good season at Burnley, where he hit a goal every two games. 

Solanke is a good worker, but nothing else; not a great player, IMO. 

It's  funny how we all see different things in players we like, but as you have said in the past, it depends what system he'll play and who he needs to do those jobs the best.  There's no doubt that Wilson is a cracking player and I'd love him at Rangers.  Ings and Solanke would both be a big step up from what we have and I'd like either of them.  I hope we get a better picture of his system and style tonight.  It may then become clearer the type of playe that will best suit our new system.  I can't wait for the game.  The result is irrelevant, but I do want to see a marked difference in the attitude of the players.  And of course I really want to see an excitingly attacking approach.  Let's go.

3 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

It's  funny how we all see different things in players we like, but as you have said in the past, it depends what system he'll play and who he needs to do those jobs the best.  There's no doubt that Wilson is a cracking player and I'd love him at Rangers.  Ings and Solanke would both be a big step up from what we have and I'd like either of them.  I hope we get a better picture of his system and style tonight.  It may then become clearer the type of playe that will best suit our new system.  I can't wait for the game.  The result is irrelevant, but I do want to see a marked difference in the attitude of the players.  And of course I really want to see an excitingly attacking approach.  Let's go.

In what way?

They are on Liverpool's books, but I see both as average -- Ings is not bad, but he's unlikely to join us and has had his injury problems and it looks increasingly unlikely that he'll reproduce that one good season at Burnley.

I am looking forward to seeing how we play against Bury tonight; hopefully we see hints of his style. 

7 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

In what way?

They are on Liverpool's books, but I see both as average -- Ings is not bad, but he's unlikely to join us and has had his injury problems and it looks increasingly unlikely that he'll reproduce that one good season at Burnley.

I am looking forward to seeing how we play against Bury tonight; hopefully we see hints of his style. 

Not sure how you can say "it looks increasingly unlikely he'll reproduce that one good season at Burnley" when he has been injured.  Being injured is no guarantee that he won't still find his shooting boots.  He hasn't really had a chance at Liverpool due to his injuries.  But that isn't really an indicator of how likely he is to find his form.  We only need to look across the city for an example.... we rejected Hartson due to a failed medical - and he scored for fun for Celtic.

I think Ings would shine in Scotland.  However, I do agree that it is a moot point - I just can't see us getting him.  EPL teams will be willing to part with cash for a guy who has proven he can score at that level and they will pay him far more than we can.

Whether we like it or not we also need to realise that we have literally ONE striker on the books right now - we need numbers and I think that Solanke and/or Ings would add something different to Morelos.  Sadiq looks like he could be on his way, and he too would offer something different.  We need variability and all 3 of those would provide that, and provide proper competition for Morelos.  Which I think is much needed.