The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

8 minutes ago, Dave M609 said:

or 5 - 3 - 2

Yeah, it's the same, as you know. 

Call me old fashioned, but I do like 2 strikers (and strikers who can...well...strike).

Morelos is not suited to the lone striker role, especially as he is too often isolated, with slow support, by which time the penalty box is like the first day of the sales. 

He does need to work on his finishing. his decision making is often less than optimal, but another up front should help with that, in terms of both work load and options. 

Edited by Uilleam

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

There seems to be an argument emerging that excuses Morelos simply by blaming Windass. That's a dangerous path to go down.

Merely an observation Bill I'm not making excuses for Morelos, he has been shite the last two games, all I'm saying is that they look to have switched, Morelos looks happy, while Windass really doesn't, possibly because he has been forced wide again

Out of interest, how does a striker work on his finishing? 

Morelos could "finish" when he first arrived so he clearly knows what's required. Has he forgotten what to do? 

Just now, Dave M609 said:

Merely an observation Bill I'm not making excuses for Morelos, he has been shite the last two games, all I'm saying is that they look to have switched, Morelos looks happy, while Windass really doesn't, possibly because he has been forced wide again

It's all about opinions and I'm frequently wrong but as I see it, Morelos has been shite since Xmas and those transfer bids in January. I thought he cut a forlorn figure on Tuesday while Windass looked energised. 

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Morelos looks to be either lacking confidence or disinterested.  Maybe a bit of both.

The way he's been performing over the last six months would sap anyone's confidence. The only way out for him is to work harder and perform better but he shows little inclination to do either. My guess is that Gerrard will quickly lose patience and bin him.

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

Out of interest, how does a striker work on his finishing? 

Morelos could "finish" when he first arrived so he clearly knows what's required. Has he forgotten what to do? 

Just a confidence thing I think, if he scores a couple of games on the bounce he will get that back, all of a sudden he will be in the right position at the right time and he could go on a run.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Morelos looks to be either lacking confidence or disinterested.  Maybe a bit of both.

Some people just can't be happy away from where they grew up and there may be a bit of that going on with Morelos. Davie Cooper was a classic example of it. Souness once said that Davie could have been a millionaire many times over in Italy and was good enough to play there but Davie just couldn't go anywhere that was any more than an hour or so from Hamilton.