The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

29 minutes ago, Frankie said:

It's an interesting transfer as £3-4m on another centre half would suggest Gerrard favours three at the back - or certainly plenty defensive cover should it be required.

It also doesn't leave us much money for a creative midfielder and striker but I guess the latter especially may well come from the loan market and the former might come from Middleton instead of someone like Wilson.

Building from the back sort of makes sense but the majority of the games in the SPFL will provide the problem of breaking down organised and populated defences. 

Last season saw us have an average of over 3.3 goals* in every league game, by far the biggest of the 12 teams.

That might drop significantly with the important thing being which (goals for or against) comes down more.

* Average per league game 17/18

For: 2.0

Against: 1.3

--------------------------

Regards the 3M bid for Cooper

1. Have we found where the money trees grow ?

2. I remember as a kid finding out we'd bought Cooper for 100,000 and being the happiest laddie in North Tollcross !

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Jim White reports that we have made 4 bids now for him, but Millwall stating he's not for sale now. The latter a bit strange, as they could have said that from the off.

Is he that good? I mean 3m+ good?

Many Millwall fans think he’s worth £10 mill plus

3 hours ago, BEARGER said:

We don’t know what the transfer budget is, so,therefore don’t know if £3-4M on Copper is most of it or not.

I don't think there will be a transfer budget as such.  Most clubs operate with a player budget, which can be spent on transfer fees, agents fees, and salaries.  If we'd consider that Alves was taking home 40k per week, it seems we've just been able to reallocate another 2m which would otherwise have been spent on him.  Getting players out on loan (like Pena) can also have a positive effect (although not quite as positive as selling him) by up to 1m this season.  Having said that, I still can't see that we can afford to be spending the sort of money that Millwall seem to want for him.  He's a huge prospect, but that comes at a price, and we cant challenge the money they could receive from other English clubs, never mind what the player himself make could earn elsewhere.  I can only assume that we believe this player really wants to come to us, otherwise we wouldn't be wasting our time.  If it happens, it's an amazing coup for the football management team.  If it doesn't, I'm still delighted we are trying to sign players like this.

Edited by Gaffer

3 hours ago, craig said:

Many Millwall fans think he’s worth £10 mill plus

Did they not only pay £350k a year ago for him?

Wish we would spend £4m on a midfielder who can shoot and play a bit or even get in a £2m class midfielder and forward. Let cordoso be the cover at back. Katic and Goldson look to be gelling well

2 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Some soundbites that Harry Wilson has signed on loan for Derby. It was said that he did not want to leave England a few days back.

Now confirmed.