The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

It’s very impressive from the club. I’m not

getting my hopes up yet because Millwall fans seem adamant he’s a £5m player at least, which isn’t unbelievable at all given Millwall finished 8th in the Championship and considering he’s only 23. 

2 hours ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

The best part of £8m on 3 defenders... who’d have guessed that?!?

Think we might all have guessed there would be significant changes to the defence. But not at the cost of 8 million.

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

getting my hopes up yet because Millwall fans seem adamant he’s a £5m player at least, which isn’t unbelievable at all given Millwall finished 8th in the Championship and considering he’s only 23. 

If we get this deal done I'll be delighted but amazed.  This boy is the real deal and the people I've spoken to about him say he's someone they rate as a 10m plus player in the near future.  I'd imagine the competition for his signature is fierce, but you just never know.  What we're building at the club right now is exciting, and that'll attract the right type of players to us.  For young, hungry, committed players, this is the place to be right now.

This may be the best window we have ever had in terms of the research that has gone into each acquisition. A good mixture of youth and experience and a lot of height. We might have the tallest average height in the league. Morelos is going to look even shorter on the pitch among all those giants.

21 hours ago, DMAA said:

Aye but if SG wants him and the player wants to come it will be done within the contract, like a sell on clause, I think?

2 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Aye but if SG wants him and the player wants to come it will be done within the contract, like a sell on clause, I think?

Hopefully. Cash plus player is another possible option you’d think. Surely we’re not bidding blind anyway, you’d think after an initial bid there would have been at least some kind of dialogue so we know we’re not wasting our time. The hard talk from Millwall was surely just to keep their fans on side. 

Millwall fans fear worst

Some Millwall fans are beginning to fear the worst after Glasgow Rangers' interest in Jake Cooper reportedly developed into multiple bids from the Ibrox side.

The Daily Mail claims Rangers are now close to meeting Cooper's release clause, having submitted an offer worth £3 million for the Millwall defender.

And while many Millwall fans were initially confident about keeping one of last season's star men - a few even demanding up to eight figures for Cooper - doubts appear to be creeping in.

Should Cooper leave for Rangers, he would become Steven Gerrard's third central defensive recruit since taking over in May.

Connor Goldson and Nikola Katic have already arrived at Ibrox, where David Bates and Russell Martin have departed since the end of last season, with Bruno Alves and Fabio Cardoso likely to follow.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/11/some-millwall-fans-fear-worst-after-rangers-make-improved-offer/