The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

He's still a bear!

I'm going to grab a layer from another hummel creative and chuck it in next week.  Their karma director (seriously) sent some originals to me which was very kind.  :)

1 hour ago, johnnyk said:

Wigan have got a bargain 

Maybe. But despite Windass being on the back of the best season of his life, in peak fitness, tied down on a 4 year contract and there being competition for his signature, the market has dictated his value to be £2.5m+.

At the end of the day you can't argue with that. If he was worth more someone would have offered it. For me he has outstanding pace and finishing but that's it really. He is a poor attacking midfielder.

Edited by DMAA

28 minutes ago, DMAA said:

'tMaybe. But despite Windass being on the back of the best season of his life, in peak fitness, tied down on a 4 year contract and there being competition for his signature, the market has dictated his value to be £2.5m+.

At the end of the day you can't argue with that. If he was worth more someone would have offered it. For me he has outstanding pace and finishing but that's it really. He is a poor attacking midfielder.

it's all about opinions and that is mine, he's only 24 and I think he will get better. He's not my favourite player but I can't knock him apart from his work ethic sometimes.

I do think he is worth more given the market and some other prices that have been paid such as Armstrong for £7M.

But as you say you are only worth what someone is willing to pay and what the club accepts.

We've made a good profit but can we replace his goals and assists of last season, as if he was given a run in the team in his correct position I am sure he would get a good amount again this season.

I stand by what I said and I think whoever signs him for that amount is getting a bargain.

Edited by johnnyk

Unless no-one has officially signed for any other team, we may keep our best-wishes in check. Someone might well fail his medical.

As for missing Windass should he actually leave, do keep in mind that we got Arfield, Kent, Murphy, Sadiq and Ejaria, with probably two more attackers in the pipeline. We'll never know - right now - what sort of impact they'll have, but the way Arfield and Coulibaly alone move about from deeper central midfield augurs well enough.

Edited by der Berliner

10 minutes ago, rbr said:

£2.5 million for a player with all the talent but no heart is a decent return

No it's not....he should be getting substantially more than that.  Players in their last year of contract with notably less game time are going for 3x that fee.....

20 minutes ago, johnnyk said:

I stand by what I said and I think whoever signs him for that amount is getting a bargain.

5 minutes ago, Darthter said:

No it's not....he should be getting substantially more than that.  Players in their last year of contract with notably less game time are going for 3x that fee.....

I would have expected more too, but that's purely because the value of players is so confusing and subjective these days. As I've said the bottom line is a player is worth what clubs are willing to pay, but for Rangers fans what matters most here is that despite "ring fencing" Windass when he took over, 2 months later Gerrard has decided that he and his scouting team will be better off with £2.5m (according to reports). At this stage I think we need to trust their judgment on this one.

4 hours ago, DMAA said:

Wales Online has said the fee would be "less than 500k" for John. That would be very disappointing and terrible business again from our us as a selling club. He's a Wales international and just turned 23.

Apparently the fee is actually in the region of 800k. Still a bargain but it's much more like it and good money to have in the bank for further signings.

I also read 800k. This doesn’t seem like good business to me. He didn’t do much wrong last season and we were all rejoicing when we signed him permanently. At 23 and of international quality, he should be in the 2m bracket at least.