The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

Coulibaly a 6 footer while Sadiq is closer to 6 foot 4. We appear to be transforming from a team who were often thought to have been bullied by opposition last year into a team of giants who it would seem unlikely will be bullied by anyone.

Exciting times. Haven't been so eager for a new season to start in a very long time indeed. Scores to be settled. How I would love to give the Lennon brigade a humiliating bloody nose. His next aeroplane antics may be a crash landing.

12 hours ago, Whosthedado said:

Who the hell actually wants Hodson?!!

Rotherham?

BTW, I noted over on FF that the reason why so many youngsters have been to Spain and been involved in the Bury friendly might be due to UEFA regulations too ... apart from them being "good enough", of course.

Basically we can register for the EL:

1. 17 players
  2. +4 who spent three years in our youth teams since they were 15
  3. +4 who spent three years in other Scottish youth teams
  4. Unlimited number of under 23s who have been with us for at least two years

... which may mean that e.g. both McCrories, Wilson, Bradley and Rudden will be on that list.

9 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Coulibaly a 6 footer while Sadiq is closer to 6 foot 4. We appear to be transforming from a team who were often thought to have been bullied by opposition last year into a team of giants who it would seem unlikely will be bullied by anyone.

Exciting times. Haven't been so eager for a new season to start in a very long time indeed. Scores to be settled. How I would love to give the Lennon brigade a humiliating bloody nose. His next aeroplane antics may be a crash landing.

Being tall doesn't mean you can't be bullied.  There are plenty of tall players who are weak and easily pushed off the ball.  However, it would give us a physical presence at set pieces - and so long as they can actually jump (and time it properly) we shouldn't lose too many goals from set pieces.  Last season we were a very small team.

What I like about what Gerrard has been doing is that he appears to not just be going with the "big and strong" player but also ones who can play the ball.  Both Goldson and Katic looked comfortable with the ball at their feet - though admittedly the opposition wasn't great.

Same - as excited as I have been about a season since Warburton came in for the Championship season.  Costing me a fortune though.  2 season tickets for the wife and kid plus Albion car parking.... and my excitement saw me renew my overseas online season ticket too....

To be honest Umar Sadiq looks very weak and ineffective in the air. He’s very fast but I’ve been totally unimpressed with the videos of him. Hoping I’ll be proved wrong and at 21 you could view him as a high potential project signing, but he certainly doesn’t look like he’ll be banging them in any time soon. 

3 minutes ago, DMAA said:

To be honest Umar Sadiq looks very weak and ineffective in the air. He’s very fast but I’ve been totally unimpressed with the videos of him. Hoping I’ll be proved wrong and at 21 you could view him as a high potential project signing, but he certainly doesn’t look like he’ll be banging them in any time soon. 

Is he not just a loan though ?  Which means there is no real time to treat him as a project.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

Is he not just a loan though ?  Which means there is no real time to treat him as a project.

Yes but I am assuming that it must be with a view to signing permanently. Otherwise it is a bizarre loan signing because he has no track record. We’d be as well loaning a proven striker in his late twenties. 

3 hours ago, DMAA said:

Yes but I am assuming that it must be with a view to signing permanently. Otherwise it is a bizarre loan signing because he has no track record. We’d be as well loaning a proven striker in his late twenties. 

We may still do that though.