The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

47 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Fantastic for the lad.  And vindicates the work the management team have done to get his head back in the game.

Thoroughly deserved Alfredo!

Fantastic for him but is it good for us? If he is a regular he will be required to travel on a regular basis to South America for their forthcoming fixtures/competitions. That has an adverse effect on players (look at the EPL)

9 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Fantastic for him but is it good for us? If he is a regular he will be required to travel on a regular basis to South America for their forthcoming fixtures/competitions. That has an adverse effect on players (look at the EPL)

It's a fair point.

With Lafferty away with N.I., you have to hope they avoid injury.

Morelos is going to need a holiday to get over the 'break'. We may end up seeing Sadiq after all.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

It's a fair point.

With Lafferty away with N.I. you have to hope they avoid injury.

We'll actually have as many internationals in our squad as we've had for a long time.

Internationals: McGregor, Lafferty, Arfield, Morelos, Barisic, Coulibaly, Grezda (pending work permit)

Possible call-ups: Katic, Jack, Murphy

Bottom line for Morelos though is that being in that squad is great news for his value and reputation. All their forwards have been transferred for big money in the past few years.

Rumours that Gerrard has spoken personally to NF making a case for Joe Worrall to come to Rangers and that Worrall himself is keen. Despite my reservations about doing a Celtic and spending too much money on a loan I think this guy would be a fantastic addition to the squad in our weakest spot in terms of depth. Although I'm a little worried we'll be playing 3-5-2 more often given the calibre of CB Worrall is ?

1 minute ago, DMAA said:

We'll actually have as many internationals in our squad as we've had for a long time.

Internationals: McGregor, Lafferty, Arfield, Morelos, Barisic, Coulibaly, Grezda (pending work permit)

Possible call-ups: Katic, Jack, Murphy

Bottom line for Morelos though is that being in that squad is great news for his value and reputation. All their forwards have been transferred for big money in the past few years.

If he does enough to make the heid yins take notice.

I think it's a matter of time, whether it be now or further down the line.

Columbia have four friendlies to try out new players.

Fri 07/09/18 FRI Venezuela - Colombia   More info
Wed 12/09/18 FRI Colombia 02 : 00 Argentina   More info
Fri 12/10/18 FRI United States 01 : 30 Colombia   More info
Tue 16/10/18 FRI Colombia - Costa Rica

30 minutes ago, buster. said:

Don't be scared of the 3-5-2.

Once we get it drilled better, it will be an excellent option.

Personal preference maybe but I don’t get the hype around 3-5-2, I’ve never liked it from playing experience. It was a decent option when you were up against far superior opponents and suited long ball, but always a poor option if you want to play good football. I thought England looked terrible playing it at the WC too. Just my opinion but I hope it won’t be used regularly.