The Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Personal preference maybe but I don’t get the hype around 3-5-2, I’ve never liked it from playing experience. It was a decent option when you were up against far superior opponents and suited long ball, but always a poor option if you want to play good football. I thought England looked terrible playing it at the WC too. Just my opinion but I hope it won’t be used regularly. 

Subject to getting the three at the back sorted out and organised better,........I think we have the players to make it quite dynamic.

eg. Tav and Barisic supplying Laff and Alfie.

Edited by buster.

31 minutes ago, buster. said:

Tav and Barisic supplying Laff and Alfie.

I'd sooner go 4-4-2 and be accused of being a prehistoric dinosaur to accomodate Lafferty and Morelos

Anyway before we get chastened by @der Berliner for digressing, Jak Alnwick is apparently off to Scunthorpe on loan. So that's another wage shifted.

6 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I'd sooner go 4-4-2 and be accused of being a prehistoric dinosaur to accomodate Lafferty and Morelos

Anyway before we get chastened by @der Berliner for digressing, Jak Alnwick is apparently off to Scunthorpe on loan. So that's another wage shifted.

We need MoreLaff, not less.

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Fantastic for him but is it good for us? If he is a regular he will be required to travel on a regular basis to South America for their forthcoming fixtures/competitions. That has an adverse effect on players (look at the EPL)

From our point of view, international exposure will hopefully add to his value.   There are risks though, I agree and he will need careful management.  But on the upside, if he nails down a place internationally and scores goals, he will have his pick of clubs and we will be able to maximise a transfer fee.

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

If correct he will be managed by two ex Gers as McCall & Black have been appointed manager/assistant.

20 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

At least the Colombian selectors have been doing their homework,can't believe that Jack has been overlooked by McLeish,at least he'll get some rest.

Jack's time will come, probably at right back. He's playing in a position where Scotland are well catered for (McTominay, McDonald).

I don't understand how anyone in football can seriously think that Jack isn't one of the top three Scottish midfielders at the moment.  In my opinion, he and Armstrong are the standout performers in the middle of the park.  I'm looking at most of the others and wondering what the selectors see in them.  Having said that, the Scottish national team means nothing to me these days (which is sad) so they can continue to make bad footballing decisions for all I care.  I looked at a tweet about the squad but I couldn't honestly tell you why the squad was put together.  Is it qualifiers for something, or a friendly?  I've no idea, and couldn't care less.

At this moment in time, with Coulibaly still out, I have no problems with any of our players not being selected for non-Rangers games. Alfredo hopping the Big Pond for every international played there will sure take its toll too.

BTW, while "the Window" closes soonish, we can still sign freebies or send folk on-loan, AFAIK.

22 hours ago, DMAA said:

Rumours that Gerrard has spoken personally to NF making a case for Joe Worrall to come to Rangers and that Worrall himself is keen. Despite my reservations about doing a Celtic and spending too much money on a loan I think this guy would be a fantastic addition to the squad in our weakest spot in terms of depth. Although I'm a little worried we'll be playing 3-5-2 more often given the calibre of CB Worrall is ?

Is he left-footed? Because I think SG had stated he wants that balance.

13 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

Is he left-footed? Because I think SG had stated he wants that balance.

Unfortunately not. A left footed CB is a good thing to have. Noticed Katic often having to use the outside of his right foot when under pressure. 

Edited by DMAA