Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

19 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I'm hoping Gerrard has a system in mind and players to fit into that system.  Under Warburton, PC and Murty, we've been shoehorning players into systems that don't work for them.

McCrorie is best at CDM.  Dorrans looks mediocre there.  Cummings is useless up front on his own.  Windass is not a player we can rely on to win us games.  These things are all obvious.

I think one name would have made a difference against Celtic. David Bates. The best centre-half we have and it would have let Ross McCrorie go to the midfield. We really have made a mistake in letting Bates go so cheaply.

3 hours ago, buster. said:

Tav

John

McCrorie

Docherty

Jack

Murphy

Rossiter

Windass

Morelos

Candeias

Then there are some of the youngsters like Middleton, Barjonas, etc.

The only player in that list I'd be that bothered about keeping is McCrorie. Candeias has been good too, but he's more of a worker than the type of player you build your team around. This is backed up by the clubs he's played for. 

I would have included Morelos, but one goal in his last 9 suggests he is nowhere near the player we thought he was. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

1 hour ago, rbr said:

This squad does not need radical overhauls IMHO , what it does need is a sharp injection of belief , allied to a fear and respect for a manager that will demand more than they are giving just now . We will probably sign 4-5 good solid players , possibly more depending on who else leaves .

That idiot Craigan on BT sport was going on about signing 15 players , and this guy gets a job as a pundit. 

He's saying in an ideal world we would need 15 or 16 players. He also said it isn't going to happen. I don't see how anyone that's seen the recent old firm games can disagree with this assessment. I'm not convinced we are currently that much better than the side we had in the 4th tier. 

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

3 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Firstly, that guy is Stephen Craigan. I would have thought anyone with any interest in Scottish football would know who he is. 

Secondly, the tims have been schooling us all season without breaking sweat. Who in our team would get a game for theirs? Of course we need a new team. We're rotten.

I've got very little interest in Scottish football so maybe that's why I don't know who he is, but I appreciate you filling me in.  My only interest is in Rangers.

2 hours ago, pete said:

Not into that. you can leave that where it came from for me.

I'm not into it either! just thought it was funny and would wind some people up! seems it worked:)

1 hour ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

He's saying in an ideal world we would need 15 or 16 players. He also said it isn't going to happen. I don't see how anyone that's seen the recent old firm games can disagree with this assessment. I'm not convinced we are currently that much better than the side we had in the 4th tier. 

Do you say things like that because you really believe it, or it just banter to get a reaction?  If it's the latter, well done, you got a reaction out of me.  If it's the former, ......... dear oh dear, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

If you think we need 15 or 16 new players, I think you should find something else to do for the next few seasons because that's how long it will take to bring in that many new players.

2 hours ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

The only player in that list I'd be that bothered about keeping is McCrorie. Candeias has been good too, but he's more of a worker than the type of player you build your team around. This is backed up by the clubs he's played for. 

I would have included Morelos, but one goal in his last 9 suggests he is nowhere near the player we thought he was. 

I would argue that he has not been the same since the Chinese transfer saga - but that should change eventually.

10 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Do you say things like that because you really believe it, or it just banter to get a reaction?  If it's the latter, well done, you got a reaction out of me.  If it's the former, ......... dear oh dear, there's nothing anyone can do to help you.

If you think we need 15 or 16 new players, I think you should find something else to do for the next few seasons because that's how long it will take to bring in that many new players.

Again, nobody is saying we are going to sign 15 or 16 players. That is how far away we are from having a good enough Rangers side though. The vast majority of our squad are nowhere near good enough to wear the jersey.