Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

The press and the media plus the papes of parkhead  are all willing us to fail ,this should make us more determined to succeed  .

Edited by compo

47 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

The bitterness in all these articles is clear! even if SG fails it is still an impressive appointment by the board and one that has given the club a lift and much needed recognition in the football world outwith the bitterness that has taken over Scottish football.

I look forward to reading all the good things that SG will bring to Rangers & Scottish football, despite what all the negative Scottish gutter press will continue to write. The Scottish gutter press are embarrassing themselves over this, which will be noted due to the coverage SG will have worldwide.

True though your comments are, this one was 'worldwide coverage' and not Scottish gutter press.

Edited by SteveC

Dear Mr King,

Is it too late to change my mind? if not I need 2 keeprs, 2 RBs, 2 LBs, 4 CBs',  6 MFs', 3 CFs', 2 LWs', 2 RWs'...................................

Kind Regards

Steve Gerrard

I watched tonight's game in a pub full of Hearts fans.  They are rather perplexed that Ian Cathro's arrival at Tynecastle was greeted by bad press but Gerrard's arrival at Ibrox has been greeted by good press.

I just smiled.

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I watched tonight's game in a pub full of Hearts fans.  They are rather perplexed that Ian Cathro's arrival at Tynecastle was greeted by bad press but Gerrard's arrival at Ibrox has been greeted by good press.

I just smiled.

Th y must have been reading the English press, not the Scottish then

Gerrard is indisputably an individual driven to succeed. I suspect he is smart enough to grasp how difficult a task this may be but still decided to take it on so if he's confident I will follow his lead.

As far as transfer budgets go according to King that hasn't been settled because Gerrard first has to decide who he wants to keep and who has to go. Presumably that process wont begin till he actually takes up the managers seat on June 1st.

Though you would imagine since he is definitely watching the remaining matches and was watching today he must have already begun thinking some individuals on show wont be to his satisfaction while others might be.

Europa league first qualifying round first leg will be played on 12 July and the second leg will be played on 19 July.

5 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

As far as transfer budgets go according to King that hasn't been settled because Gerrard first has to decide who he wants to keep and who has to go. Presumably that process wont begin till he actually takes up the managers seat on June 1st.

Though you would imagine since he is definitely watching the remaining matches and was watching today he must have already begun thinking some individuals on show wont be to his satisfaction while others might be.

No need to presume or imagine anything.

He has stated both these things in interviews.

On 5/9/2018 at 00:54, JFK-1 said:

Gerrard is indisputably an individual driven to succeed. I suspect he is smart enough to grasp how difficult a task this may be but still decided to take it on so if he's confident I will follow his lead.

Europa league first qualifying round first leg will be played on 12 July and the second leg will be played on 19 July.

Who would Steven Gerrard see as a player he'd like to work with next season? Ross McCrorie apart, he has nothing to work with. 

15 minutes ago, Ser Barristan Selmy said:

Who would Steven Gerrard see as a player he'd like to work with next season? Ross McCrorie apart, he has nothing to work with. 

He'd like the Liverpool squad to be available but since that's not going to happen he will just have to work with what's available. If he really does have a talent for this I believe he can make this a winning team with just a handful or so good additions.

They do have the makings of a dominant SPL team but for whatever reason they only show it in spells.  The hubz think they've had a good  season yet we're ahead of them and we view it as a poor season. It's up to Gerrard to get the team performing consistently.