Steven Gerrard is the new Rangers manager

looking at the last few games, it does not take super fitness to kill a ball stone dead and to pass it accurately over 10 yards. It takes a basic skill. These players either lack in confidence to do it which is the managers problem or they lack the skill to do it under pressure which is also the managers problem. I guess the new manager will be looking into which of these 2 options it is and take the appropriate action.

11 minutes ago, pete said:

looking at the last few games, it does not take super fitness to kill a ball stone dead and to pass it accurately over 10 yards. It takes a basic skill. These players either lack in confidence to do it which is the managers problem or they lack the skill to do it under pressure which is also the managers problem. I guess the new manager will be looking into which of these 2 options it is and take the appropriate action.

Bottomline is that we need a management team that can improve players and that starts with many of those who are already there.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

Bottomline is that we need a management team that can improve players and that starts with many of those who are already there.

Yes! In a nutshell. Or a garden manager to weed out the weeds.

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

I don't think Jesus could get some of this squad risen from the dead, their finished mentally and physically, getting horsed by the tims has killed them. 

10 minutes ago, aweebluesoandso said:

I don't think Jesus could get some of this squad risen from the dead, their finished mentally and physically, getting horsed by the tims has killed them. 

Yes, some aren't good enough but it's this team that has metaphorically died in recent OF matches but some of the individuals within can do a lot better within a better structure with more quality, confidence and a hungry motivation.

First up in June would be to maximise fitness.

I'm hoping Gerrard has a system in mind and players to fit into that system.  Under Warburton, PC and Murty, we've been shoehorning players into systems that don't work for them.

McCrorie is best at CDM.  Dorrans looks mediocre there.  Cummings is useless up front on his own.  Windass is not a player we can rely on to win us games.  These things are all obvious.

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

I'm hoping Gerrard has a system in mind and players to fit into that system.  Under Warburton, PC and Murty, we've been shoehorning players into systems that don't work for them.

McCrorie is best at CDM.  Dorrans looks mediocre there.  Cummings is useless up front on his own.  Windass is not a player we can rely on to win us games.  These things are all obvious.

Going by what has been posted about his time with Liverpool under 18s Gerrard was adapatable re. system.

I think that's essential in our league, buster.  Warburton's inflexibility really proved that, unless you have world class players, you can't set up like Barcelona every week.

Edited by Gonzo79

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

McCrorie CDM and push Dorrans into the Windass role just behind the striker

This squad does not need radical overhauls IMHO , what it does need is a sharp injection of belief , allied to a fear and respect for a manager that will demand more than they are giving just now . We will probably sign 4-5 good solid players , possibly more depending on who else leaves .

That idiot Craigan on BT sport was going on about signing 15 players , and this guy gets a job as a pundit.