[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 1 Rangers (McCrorie 63)

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

And leave his boxing gloves in the gym for a few matches.

He needs to learn to acknowledge players are out to wind him up and not react! or to react by scoring! of course the poor standard of refereeing allows the opposition to continually niggle away at him! players need protection.

5 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

players need protection.

They're going to need a lot more protection in the next one both from Lennon's boot squad and the crowd. I foresee a boot fest for the record books and it will become furnace like if Cummings gets us a lead.

Edited by JFK-1

The sheep players were diving every time any of our players went near them, screaming like wee lassies! they were also swarming the ref every time there was a foul looking to get players booked, yet they cheated by diving to win a penalty.

Oh! and for the record McInnes has not beaten us again despite getting every decision from the ref! bullet dodged for sure.

After the game on Beeb Scotland.

They've spent twenty minutes speaking about the bottom of the table. Eventually, Big Dick gives us two minutes on a game of two halves, platitudes to the fore. The penalty is NOT an issue. Big Dick will claim just before the second half kicked-off, he mentioned all the Sky pundits and Biscuits Preston had stated it was never a penalty. this from the guy who went after both Naismith and Lafferty in the wake of Sunday's game at Tynecastle, demanding the Compliance Officer get involved. A lot of HATE.

The Screaming Shill interviewed McInnes, and there's no mention of the penalty. Chris thinks Rangers goal is the result of 'small margins'"!  Chris did not ask if Derek was embarrassed at the ref's decision, and he signs off with, "cheers mate". Interestingly, there has been considerable discussion of both Aberdeen and Hibs achieving second place, I can only assume as a license paying Rangers supporter that we have no opportunity to similarly achieve?

Well done to Jimmy Nic' for changing it in the second half. I don't pay much attention to possession stats, but the game finished 55% in Rangers favour. Considering the first half stats, we improved considerably. Well done to McCrorie, did the work of two midfielders.  

Quite remarkable how the controversy over the penalty has been ignored by the press. 

I’ve checked every report and only the Evening Times suggested it wasn’t the right decision, and only Sky really acknowledges there was “controversy” around the decision. 

The BBC claim he was “caught late”. The press and journal claim “McLean got there first”, the Aberdeen Evening Express claim he was “barged”. The Daily Record and the rest made no mention at all of it just said a penalty was awarded for a challenge. 

Update, Glasgow Live, ESPN & the Sun have also said it was clearly the wrong decision. You can understand the non-glasgow press being so clearly biased but shame on the BBC. 

Edited by DMAA

11 minutes ago, buster. said:

Two or three weeks ago Hibs were 8/1 to finish second, now I'd make them favourites.

Does that include the refs? I mean, Mad Bobby was at it at the weekend, chopping of the first Hearts goal, which was good, then gave their equalizer despite being offside. Haven't checked who will officiate tomorrow, but should Hearts sneak that game, Hibs will remain in 4th no matter what.

2 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Does that include the refs? I mean, Mad Bobby was at it at the weekend, chopping of the first Hearts goal, which was good, then gave their equalizer despite being offside. Haven't checked who will officiate tomorrow, but should Hearts sneak that game, Hibs will remain in 4th no matter what.

I don't see Hearts without Lafferty winning the game and a point would be enough for Hibs if they could beat us and the sheep get turned over in Glasgow again.

We are going to miss McCrorie badly on Sunday and no Morelos (Windass, Dorrans ??) means little in the way of attacking options.