Rangers charged by SFA over 2011/12 UEFA licence issue

6 hours ago, trublusince1982 said:

Doesn't mean we have to sell them. SPFL dictate how many we can get we then say how many we can sell. Answer is 250.

Hibs just did it to us

Nah, I would take the full allocation and then just hold onto them and not even offer them to fans.  Then hand them back to opponents as late as possible so they have less time to sell them themselves.

22 minutes ago, craig said:

Nah, I would take the full allocation and then just hold onto them and not even offer them to fans.  Then hand them back to opponents as late as possible so they have less time to sell them themselves.

Our fans are not politicians, they are just passionately loyal. They wouldn't allow that action to happen and instead would demand their allocation be sold to them.

I base that opinion on these published figures ...

Highest away support in the UK this season...

Rangers: 157,662

Leeds United:149,239

Celtic: 146,985

Aston Villa: 131,283

Manchester United: 115,432

Liverpool: 106,847

Loyal ?

Edited by barca72

Handing over money to clubs who tried to put Rangers out of business (and one of those clubs is still trying to punish us) is blind loyalty.

We have power but don't use it, which is very frustrating.  No wonder other fans laugh at us these days.

No doubt the board will deal with it in their own way  probably by paying a fine after wasting more money on lawyers , would be nice to see a board  fight back but I wont hold my breath .

There is another factor in all of this that is having a lasting effect and one that isn't ignored by our more active and strategic  enemies.

It's the further marginalisation of our club and it's support from the rest of the 'Scottish football community'. Now, Scottish football has never been one big happy family and we as the biggest and once 'establishment club' have been the focus of envy and the customary degree of  marginalisation that this brings...........BUT..........over the last 7 years it has been ratcheted up 100 fold and this type of continued 'campaign' and what it provokes/leads towards, if little else, will make sure an angry and bitter divide continues for our lifetimes and beyond.

When governing bodies preach harmony and respect but bow to those who are determined to squeeze us into the dirt, it makes you wonder. As for the contradictory hatred that fuels those souls who are so enveloped in their labour, do they remember anything about the fitbaw ?

Ultimately, what to the SFA expect the benefits to be???

- UEFA are not interested.

- The SFA originally issued the license, so if any issue is proven, it looks bad on them & their processes at the time.

Would anyone at UEFA support a motion by the SFA to refuse RFC a european license based in an incident 6-7 years ago???

I think the best outcome that the SFA could hope for is a fine (not even a heft one), and kudos for showing that RFC did something wrong (which was approved by the SFA)

Completely pointless exercise.....

The Five way Agreement, just in case anyone wants to go through it again!

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:IvARzunOe4gJ:https://www.sfm.scot/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/164607084-5-Way-Agreement-As-issued-to-all-parties-for-signature-1.pdf+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=tablet-android-sonymobile

I believe this is the one signed? not the original one that was rejected! would love to see the original one and get it exposed!

Edited by ian1964

32 minutes ago, Darthter said:

Ultimately, what to the SFA expect the benefits to be???

- UEFA are not interested.

- The SFA originally issued the license, so if any issue is proven, it looks bad on them & their processes at the time.

Would anyone at UEFA support a motion by the SFA to refuse RFC a european license based in an incident 6-7 years ago???

I think the best outcome that the SFA could hope for is a fine (not even a heft one), and kudos for showing that RFC did something wrong (which was approved by the SFA)

Completely pointless exercise.....

All very good but you have to remember, the SFA coming out badly in this isn’t even a consideration for them as long as it makes Rangers look bad in some way.