Michael O’Halloran suffers vile sectarian abuse after Catholic church visit

I don't agree with with just about anything connected with the R.C. church, but I do not agree with this kind of personal abuse.
Surely a person should be allowed to freely choose and practice their own religion without this kind of offensive attack.

10 hours ago, barca72 said:

I don't agree with with just about anything connected with the R.C. church, but I do not agree with this kind of personal abuse.
Surely a person should be allowed to freely choose and practice their own religion without this kind of offensive attack.

The point is that people don't get to choose which flavour of this mumbo jumbo they happened to be born into; choice is rarely a factor.  Abusing someone because they were born into Catholicism (or anything else) is moronic.

17 hours ago, Bill said:

What did those trolls have to do with Rangers?

Well, if you click on the article and check out who actually abused MOH, it seems to be clear where these abusers come from ...

On a wee sidenote, it still baffles me that such abusers think they can do that without the possibility of repercussions.

9 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Well, if you click on the article and check out who actually abused MOH, it seems to be clear where these abusers come from ...

On a wee sidenote, it still baffles me that such abusers think they can do that without the possibility of repercussions.

They're clearly morons whoever they are but unless they work for or act on behalf of Rangers, morons is all they are. People who say these things are revolting. By all means criticise the Catholic Church as an institution if you think it deserves it but having a go at MOH in such a way is unacceptable in every sense.

Look, you and I both know the purpose of articles like this is to cast a slur on Rangers. The fact that the article attributes no formal blame to Rangers and yet here we are automatically "inserting" Rangers into the narrative for them is quite telling. That was my only point.

Edit - I should just add that I have no idea if the accounts of those who made the abusive posts are real or concocted.

Edited by Bill

16 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Glasgow voted Yes though, so it has already been taken over by people who hate the UK and are happy to twist words to suit.

If in doubt, just ask Mr Dornan.

I'm afraid that it's you that's twisting words with that statement.  Just because someone votes YES doesn't mean they hate the UK.  People will vote YES for all sorts of reasons.

You always want to bring politics into football.  I wish you'd stop it.  It's counter productive and only segregates the support.  We are all Rangers fans.  Some of us will vote for parties that others don't like.  That's politics.  We all support Rangers.  That's football.  Let's not mix them up.

39 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

I'm afraid that it's you that's twisting words with that statement.  Just because someone votes YES doesn't mean they hate the UK.  People will vote YES for all sorts of reasons.

You always want to bring politics into football.  I wish you'd stop it.  It's counter productive and only segregates the support.  We are all Rangers fans.  Some of us will vote for parties that others don't like.  That's politics.  We all support Rangers.  That's football.  Let's not mix them up.

So Rangers is the only football club with politics attached to it?