Michael O’Halloran suffers vile sectarian abuse after Catholic church visit

I don't know where all these pro-independence Gers fans are. They don't sit beside me at Ibrox, they weren't in my supporters club, I don't know them socially or through business. 

Out of all the Rangers fans I know, there's only one whom I'm aware is pro-independence. 

12 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I don't know where all these pro-independence Gers fans are. They don't sit beside me at Ibrox, they weren't in my supporters club, I don't know them socially or through business. 

Out of all the Rangers fans I know, there's only one whom I'm aware is pro-independence. 

Several thousands are members of specific FB pages & groups....

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Do you live in Glasgow BD? I've always assumed you do, I'm not sure why though. Personally I don't know how it's possible to live in Greater Glasgow and not know, or know of, lots of independence supporting Rangers fans. I mean half the people I know openly support the SNP or the concept of independence now. Some of the are nominal supporters who never go to games and watch infrequently on TV or catch games on radio, some are lapsed attenders due to family/work/cost commitments and some are guys who Rangers still play a big part in their lives. 

I thought you'd be hanging around with Jim McColl BD, that not the kind of circles you move in! :D

1 minute ago, JohnMc said:

Do you live in Glasgow BD? I've always assumed you do, I'm not sure why though. Personally I don't know how it's possible to live in Greater Glasgow and not know, or know of, lots of independence supporting Rangers fans. I mean half the people I know openly support the SNP or the concept of independence now. Some of the are nominal supporters who never go to games and watch infrequently on TV or catch games on radio, some are lapsed attenders due to family/work/cost commitments and some are guys who Rangers still play a big part in their lives. 

I thought you'd be hanging around with Jim McColl BD, that not the kind of circles you move in! :D

Be careful,..........Bluedell is 'establishment' :D

1 minute ago, TheUKCrazyhorse said:

Supporting independence isn't the same as supporting the SNP.

Independence is obviously the main reason that the SNP exist and without it they struggle for a sincere identity/ideology.

IMO they try to present a facade which isn't really them and is more designed to pick up votes from what was a floundering Scottish Labour party.

In the last few years Scotland has appeared as a political wasteland that is on a par with the football, ie. we used to regularly qualify for the Finals but have now went a couple of decades of nae quality and nae results.

1 hour ago, Bluedell said:

Surely the point is that the SNP is such an inept clusterfuck and independence is such a short, steep slope to ruin that no one in their right minds should be voting for them/it, regardless of which football team they support. That some of our own make such poor decisions is something to regret but is hardly a surprise, given the way society is now driven by "feelings" rather than analysis.

49 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Yes, stay on the south-side, John.

Not sure what to say other than I must be more discerning than others. :D