Michael O’Halloran suffers vile sectarian abuse after Catholic church visit

The end of the season seens to have brought an outbreak of hostility and internal verbal sparring to the fore in Gersnet, going by the threads I have looked at over breakfast.

Perhaps the effort of holding it together during the dire season was just too much to sustain. One would have expected it to be the opposite though - that is, in the season not out of it. I just make this as an observation, I'm not looking gor a flame war over it.... ;)

10 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

A quick Google search confirms it:

"Most style guides prescribe against using the euphemism special needs and recommend instead using the non-euphemized term disability; disability advocates argue adamantly against the euphemism special needs, which they find offensive."

"most Style guides".....aye right enough

10 hours ago, colinstein said:

I think the rule on here is you can't refer to anyone as idiots, arseholes, whether it be individuals, right wing nut jobs and the hard of thinking.

It's a sound policy so you are quite right.......

we are an inclusive support that extends to those among us who have special needs

Well, at least you included yourself in that list. :D 

11 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Opinions about what constitutes being 'on the same' side also differ.

That's a really disappointing thing to say if that's true.  Surely we are all on the same side if we support Rangers!?!

10 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Surely we are all on the same side if we support Rangers!?!

In an ideal world, yes.  But in an ideal world, the Rangers hating SNP wouldn't exist.

7 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

In an ideal world, yes.  But in an ideal world, the Rangers hating SNP wouldn't exist.

And in an idea like world, you wouldn't have people like you trying to divide the support.  I've tried to get us away from this segregation you want to create, but it's clear that you don't accept others being on the same side as you unless they share your politics.  That's a shame.  At a time when we are all supposed to be pulling together, you choose to create trouble in the support.  Bizarre!

Politicians are almost an irrelevance to me.  Rangers is the reason I come on to this site.  Maybe we could create an off topic thread for things like this?!?

1 minute ago, Gaffer said:

I've tried to get us away from this segregation you want to create, but it's clear that you don't accept others being on the same side as you unless they share your politics.  

I don't care if my fellow Bears are Communists or Fascists.  Don't confuse separatism with party politics.