3 minutes ago, colinstein said:

I wouldn't have thought replacing our keeper was a priority. Think other areas need more urgent attention.

However I read Garry Mccallister saying we were rebuilding from the back

so is the spine of keeper, centre half and centre forward what they're going for....think that was Souness' philosophy

I think replacing every area of the pitch is a priority. Getting a top quality keeper is a start. We now have the best keeper in Scotland by a mile, which admittedly doesn't count for much. 

never highly rated Foderingham, considering he has conceded nearly 20 goals against Celtic maybe? All keepers are prone to howlers and he has had good moments.

but if we were talking about getting rid of him I wouldnt lose sleep.

Nice to see McGregor back, hope he can play consistently and to the best of his ability. 

Delighted to have McGregor back with us. Still a top keeper, and if he is even 70% of what he was when he left it will be a 100% upgrade on our current options.

Probably be on much the same money as Wes, so we have already made a change that will earn us 8-10 points a season for free.

It is not always the amount of cash you spend, but how you spend it!

Now if we can get this "reported" £3M for Wes we can certainly use that better in other areas. Wes would make a decent backup at the top end of the English Champ, or first choice lower down the champ or league 1. His inability to stop long shots, and make the big saves at crucial points in big games means he has no chance of becoming a top keeper. He has served us well and tried his best and I wish him nothing but the best and will look out for his results where he ends up, but it was always a level below what we needed to compete properly. 

19 hours ago, colinstein said:

I wouldn't have thought replacing our keeper was a priority. Think other areas need more urgent attention.

You could argue that a good, organised & vocal keeper is the glue that hold the defense together....definitely a good signing!!!

5 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Now if we can get this "reported" £3M for Wes we can certainly use that better in other areas. Wes would make a decent backup at the top end of the English Champ, or first choice lower down the champ or league 1.

Who is it that is reported to be interested in Foderingham?

who has watched McGregor playing this season ?  I haven't so I don't know how good he is 

Is he a better stopper than Wes or does he command the box more ?

what about distribution from the back ?

Anybody watched him ?

Wes is going and I think he has wanted to go for a while.

McGregor is highly thought of by Hull fans and is definitely a better keeper than Wes.  An improvement and hopefully the first of many.

1 hour ago, colinstein said:

who has watched McGregor playing this season ?  I haven't so I don't know how good he is 

Is he a better stopper than Wes or does he command the box more ?

what about distribution from the back ?

Anybody watched him ?

Don't have any stats as such ,but he's one of the players that is up for serious consideration as Hull City's  player of the year.