7 hours ago, Oleg_Mcnoleg said:

The impression given is that Shagger’s filling in for a couple of seasons until Kelly and McCrorie are ready for the first team. Proper succession planning!

Do we know Kelly & McCrorie(GK) are good enough?

Personally I think Alnwick was our number 1 keeper. He is better than both McG and Wes at coming for crosses and I don´t think we can question his reaction saves as he has had some crackers.

On 19/05/2018 at 22:23, pete said:

Personally I think Alnwick was our number 1 keeper. He is better than both McG and Wes at coming for crosses and I don´t think we can question his reaction saves as he has had some crackers.

I think Alnwick is a very capable keeper....but out of the 3, I'd rather have McGregor.  Possibly Jak in place of Wes, but there isn't really much difference tbh.

Since signing Wes has been a decent keeper - a combination of outstanding at times, mixed with complete howlers.

With McGregor in I’d like Alnwick and Wes off the wage bill tbh.

Kelly is 22 and McCrorie is 20, what’s the point in having these guys at the club if we don’t even trust them to stand in on an odd occasion and play a few cup games at that age!?

Edited by DMAA

On 21/05/2018 at 10:32, DMAA said:

With McGregor in I’d like Alnwick and Wes off the wage bill tbh.

Kelly is 22 and McCrorie is 20, what’s the point in having these guys at the club if we don’t even trust them to stand in on an odd occasion and play a few cup games at that age!?

Spot on. Both keepers have been out on loan to get some first team experience and should now be either knocking the door of the first team door, or released if not felt good enough. Both are highly thought of at the club, so lets back them to be the back up.

Wes & Jak are decent keepers, but they are not at the level we wish our club to be at. Wes should command a good fee down south, not so sure about Jak, and I would hope they have both taken the hint that they are going to be further down the ladder now we have signed a proper keeper and be instructing their agents to get them a move. Both would leave with our thanks for their efforts during a very difficult time.